What's new

Best hangover food?

Okay, we have all been there...too much boozing it up the night before (...just one more bartender). And of course we pay a heavy price the next morning. What is your best hangover food?
For me the only food cure for a hangover was a big plate of bacon and eggs and toast and coffee. I think it helped to cleanse the liver. How about you?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger and 1000cc N/S IV.
My younger EMS days this was it. Liter bag of N/S, thiamin, and 15min with o2. I’ve started bilateral IV’s in nurses in the ED ambulance bay and bolused them 2L of NS because they were out partying too late/hard the night before.

My younger EMS days this was it. Liter bag of N/S, thiamin, and 15min with o2. I’ve started bilateral IV’s in nurses in the ED ambulance bay and bolused them 2L of NS because they were out partying too late/hard the night before.

Any female RN that needs bilateral IVs after partying to hard would definitely be welcome in my rig!

We don’t have thiamin. But we do have ondansetron 4mg vials.

Banana bags for the win! We used to do that in the Army, too (I was in the Medical Service Corps).

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger and 1000cc N/S IV.

My answer is along the same lines, only I never had access to IV bags.

I learned to drink as much water possible (probably around a liter), pop a vitamin B, and go to bed. Next mornings were so much better than before I learned that trick. Plenty of sleep too.

Favorite hangover meal = chorizo and eggs

Last edited:
Banana bags for the win! We used to do that in the Army, too (I was in the Medical Service Corps).

we don’t have those on the ambulance but it’s the first order of business for patients I’ve brought in with the DT’s. I always wondered if it’d be good for hangovers. It always looked like Gatorade going straight into the veins!

In all honesty I was there today... went to lunch with a couple friends for a birthday and we ate at a Korean BBQ restaurant, which really hit the spot. Plenty of protein, some kimchi, and the tofu stew with seafood was a real lifesaver

Top Bottom