What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best German Vintage Straight Razors?

What are some of the best German vintage straight razors? I am interested in 7/8 blades.
Thanks.

I've got a couple of them.
If you can get your hands on a Gong razor that still got its original blade size... buy it.
Also Otto Busch Worldmaster. That silversteel shaves smooth.

But today I shaved with a brandnew Chinese razor. Took a 7 days beard off with such ease that it wowed me.20$ dollar razor.:c9:

There are so many excellent Solingen brands, but adding a 7/8 filter narrows it down quite a bit. Such large razors were rather uncommon before the end of WWII. A couple of fail-safe suggestions are:
  • Dorko
  • MoDoSo (actually the same brand as Dorko)
  • Henckels
Of course the majority of the razors they made were smaller than 7/8, but fine specimen of 7/8 razors can be had but they will cost you a pretty penny
20190714_101342.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many excellent Solingen brands, but adding a 7/8 filter narrows it down quite a bit. Such large razors were rather uncommon before the end of WWII. A couple of fail-safe suggestions are:
  • Dorko
  • Henckels
Of course the majority of the razors they made were smaller than 7/8, but fine specimen of 7/8 razors can be had if you have deep pockets.
I've got a 7/8 Dorko.
Great shaver.

• Dorko
  • Henckels
Of course the majority of the razors they made were smaller than 7/8, but fine specimen of 7/8 razors can be had if you have deep pockets.
Good suggestions there; thanks.

7/8 just feels very comfortable to me. I came across quite a few different brands of Solingen razors in 7/8 on the Revisor website.
They had Dorkos, but they're a bit expensive. I did see some Schulze 7/8 razors that looked quite nice. Do you know if the Schulze razors are good shavers?

Good suggestions there; thanks.

7/8 just feels very comfortable to me. I came across quite a few different brands of Solingen razors in 7/8 on the Revisor website.
They had Dorkos, but they're a bit expensive. I did see some Schulze 7/8 razors that looked quite nice. Do you know if the Schulze razors are good shavers?
That's a link to a German forum where you can see some rather nice Schulze razors:

A tuckmar special is near an inch but expensive. The tuckmar tee is an awesome razor also. The 13/16 Ern ATOR is a wonderful thing.

Top Bottom