What's new

Best German Vintage Straight Razors?

I've got a couple of them.
If you can get your hands on a Gong razor that still got its original blade size... buy it.
Also Otto Busch Worldmaster. That silversteel shaves smooth.

But today I shaved with a brandnew Chinese razor. Took a 7 days beard off with such ease that it wowed me.20$ dollar razor.:c9:

There are so many excellent Solingen brands, but adding a 7/8 filter narrows it down quite a bit. Such large razors were rather uncommon before the end of WWII. A couple of fail-safe suggestions are:
  • Dorko
  • MoDoSo (actually the same brand as Dorko)
  • Henckels
Of course the majority of the razors they made were smaller than 7/8, but fine specimen of 7/8 razors can be had but they will cost you a pretty penny
20190714_101342.jpg

Last edited:
There are so many excellent Solingen brands, but adding a 7/8 filter narrows it down quite a bit. Such large razors were rather uncommon before the end of WWII. A couple of fail-safe suggestions are:
  • Dorko
  • Henckels
Of course the majority of the razors they made were smaller than 7/8, but fine specimen of 7/8 razors can be had if you have deep pockets.
I've got a 7/8 Dorko.
Great shaver.

• Dorko
  • Henckels
Of course the majority of the razors they made were smaller than 7/8, but fine specimen of 7/8 razors can be had if you have deep pockets.

Good suggestions there; thanks.

7/8 just feels very comfortable to me. I came across quite a few different brands of Solingen razors in 7/8 on the Revisor website.
They had Dorkos, but they're a bit expensive. I did see some Schulze 7/8 razors that looked quite nice. Do you know if the Schulze razors are good shavers?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Revisor have a good selection of vintage German 7/8 straight razors listed.

Good suggestions there; thanks.

7/8 just feels very comfortable to me. I came across quite a few different brands of Solingen razors in 7/8 on the Revisor website.
They had Dorkos, but they're a bit expensive. I did see some Schulze 7/8 razors that looked quite nice. Do you know if the Schulze razors are good shavers?

That's a link to a German forum where you can see some rather nice Schulze razors:

A tuckmar special is near an inch but expensive. The tuckmar tee is an awesome razor also. The 13/16 Ern ATOR is a wonderful thing.

Top Bottom