• California Pizza Kitchen

• Totino's

• Frescheta

• Tony's

• Celeste

• Stauffer's

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
[​QUOTE=Jim;3913235]The word Best, and frozen pizza is incompatible in the same sentence in NYC.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I should have used the word "average". Because average can be defined as the "best of the worse " and the "worse of the best" :huh:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This is indeed a very dark thread.

To repent please place your right hand over your heart and solemnly swear:
"As a gentleman I swear that at sometime in my life I will attempt Peter Reinhart's pizza dough recipe one weekend so I can build 3-6 quick pizzas over the next week"

Please feel free to carry on. I'll be posting a pole to find out which can of spray foam is best to shave with in the soap forum.

I buy Dr. Oketer.

Another vote for the Dr Oetker.

Read somewhere the other day that they are the best selling frozen pizzas in Italy and they are all made in Lancashire, England and shipped to Italy!

Talk about coals to Newcastle or selling snow to eskimos...

Gareth

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
How about "All frozen pizzas suck"!

+2 for David's vote, but they all can be made edible by the addition of fresh sauce, veggies, meat, olives, rooster sauce & mozza .. so the best frozen pizza is the cheapest piece of cardboard you can get .. aka Tony's!

Frozen pizza is a whole different experience from a fresh tomato pie. It is supposed to be cheap, artificial and slightly industrialized. My favorite is Ellio's http://www.ellios.com/ It is no where near a fresh pie but is the best frozen pizza ever.

The word Best, and frozen pizza is incompatible in the same sentence in NYC.

New Jersey as well, Northern NJ specifically. A lot of pizza joints will sell you some dough for a few bucks. If you don't have a pizza stone you can use some well seasoned cast iron.

I don't even bother with frozen pizza. There are a lot of mom and pop pizzerias around here (some owned by actual Italian-Americans) that have pies that just cost a buck or two more than a frozen pie. Also, I don't bother with the national, crappy chains like Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc.. I am not a pizza snob, as I only pay like an extra buck or so for a real pie.

I will admit though that it is sort of convenient having a frozen pie in the freezer that you can pull out and throw it in the oven anytime. But I haven't bought one in years. The last ones I bought were Red Baron supreme pizzas.

I just had Dr Oteker for the first time tonight, the Cassa De Mama Pepperoni. It was quite impressive, especially with the dough more than anything

In order to retain my moniker of "Best Frozen Pizza Ever", today I purchased a Trader Joe's Arugula Pizza and will eat it tomorrow for lunch.

For the money, my vote is for Red Baron. I find that most other frozen pizzas taste incredibly salty for some reason, and RB is only about $3 a pizza. Tony's comes in as a close second, as they re even cheaper but not as big.

Up next, a poll on "best nonfat ice cream."

Exactly. I could maybe see buying a frozen pizza if I was going to be on the space station. Even then, you could drink Tang, eat Space Food Sticks and wait for your eventual return to earth.

Last edited:
Exactly. I could maybe see buying a frozen pizza if I was going to be on the space station. Even then, you could drink Tang, eat Space Food Sticks and wait for your eventual return to earth.

I used to eat Space Food Sticks as snacks when I was kid. Sort of tasted like a muted tootsie rolls.

ive been eating tombstone since i was a kid, so thats what i enjoy the most

digorono pizza is good as well, but i always find that the crust always cuts up the roof of my mouth

Top Bottom