What's new

Best Frags for Summer

Easy question to ask. Harder to answer. What are the best AS and Colognes for the summer? What are your go-to's when the weather gets hotter?

These are the ones I'm using quite a bit right now.
Creed MI
Chez Bond
Riverside Drive
Dior Homme Sport
AdG Essenza
Aqua Universalis

From my collection...

Creed OV
ADP Colonia
The Different Company Limon de Cordoza
Dior Homme Cologne 2012
Ferre Bergamotto Marino

My favorites and weekly rotation more or less:
Armani Acqua di Gio
Creed Millesime Imperial
Azzaro Chrome Legend
Nautica Nautica Voyage
Acqua di Parma - Colonia Assoluta
and while it's a bit heavy during the hot summer's day, it's an absolute gem in the night:
Nikos Sculpture pour Homme

and while I'm not exactly a fan of woods in the summer, these are very safe, strong all year-rounders:
Guerlain Vetiver
Creed Green Irish Tweed
Terre d'Hermes

edit: as for aftershaves in the summer, I prefer splashes
Anything with Lime or Citrus as a focal point (Captain's Choice, Pinaud come to mind)
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
D.R. Harris Arlington

Also feel free to add menthol crystals to any of these for a special treat! I additionally recommend you keep your aftershave splashes in the fridge... you'll thank me later :lol:

Last edited:
I always take Diptiyque Philosykos when I go on vacation in the summer. I think the green/fig leaf/fig scent works really well in the warmer months.

I wear lots of summer scents.

But when freshness is paramount, Azzaro Chrome gives me the permanent "I've just come out of the shower" feel. Others may conk out, but Chrome has never let me down.

And Tommy T gives me the permanent "I've just ironed my shirt" feel.
Regards,
Renato

Anything Vetiver (Guerlain and Creed are my favourites).
D&G Light Blue is wonderful and so is the AdP Blu Mediterrano line.
Imaginary Authors "Falling into the Sea" and "The Soft Lawn" are great too.

I'm wary of applying fragrances in (late) summer ... wasps are enough of a nuisance, without fragrances to attract them.

Yes, and at the point of smelling like thousands of others.

Something doesn't have to be unique to smell good. I don't see your point. If a great scent was defined by its uniqueness, most every fragrance would be terrible as many draw similarities from each other.

It, like many other fragrances listed, is great for summer regardless of its uniqueness. If it smells good, it smells good.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Aftershaves:

Classic Ice Blue Aqua Velva
Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Bootlegger's Perfecto
Bootlegger's Artic Lime Blast
Bootlegger's Lime Bay Rum
Brut Attitude
Vintage Shulton Old Spice Limited Edition
Vintage Avon Wind Jammer, Tai Winds, Island Lime, Sure Winner Bracing Lotion, And my favorite, Everest.

Colognes: None :)

Heeley Sel Marin
Creed Erolfa/Windsor/Selection Verte/OV/Jardin d'Almafi
YSL L'homme
Dior Ambre Nuit

Last edited:
Nautica Voyage is my signature summer fragrance, and has been for almost two years now. I love it in summer. I also really enjoy Pure Nautica Discovery. I admit that I'm a fan of their scents, and also enjoy using Tommy Hilfiger's Tommy as a nice useful scent that also brings back find memories of the summer of 1999 and the people I was friends with then. A good friend of mine used to wear Nautica a lot back then, along with Tommy. Best summer of my life.

In case any of them ever find this post, I hope you know that I miss you guys.

1. Brooklyn-bond no 9 (signiture scent)
2. Ed hardy- Love and luck (best bang for your buck)
3. gucci by gucci (friends say it reminds them of Florida and i do too)
4. CK One Summer editions (my 2012 has a cucumber melon rum feel to it. I feel like jack sparrow when i wear it)
5. Mugler Cologne- Thierry Mugler (despite being a white floral)
A.F.A. After shaves scent only in summer
1. American Blend
2. Floïd Blue
3. Proraso Green Splash
4. Old Spice Pure Sport
5. Master Bay Rum

Last edited:
Top Bottom