What's new

Best fragrance for a manly man?

If by "manly man" you mean going outside with the chainsaw and cutting up a tree that just fell down in the woods: Pinaud Whiskey Woods. If you mean a gentleman going to the opera with his lady friend, or going to the executive suit at work (not a dandy as suggested above), then I would suggest Pinaud Cubman classic. Both have pretty good longevity for aftershaves but are not overwhelming like many colognes-something to avoid if you want to be "manly".

CCD95079-7702-412C-8422-B157D2783092.jpeg

Bold, rich and powerful. This is what Immortals smell like. Chanel Antaeus, Kouros YSL and Paco Rabanne Homme all bow and pay homage to this manliest of elixirs. This is what they all hope one day to be. Legendary juice by N.Mamounas & R.Pellegrino.

If one can find it, you’ve found the Holy Grail of scented Manliness.........

I am 57 years old, two meters tall, 135 kg body weight, competing in strength and manly fragrances for me are Paco Rabanne Pour Homme, YSL Kouros, Azzaro Pour Homme, Tabac, Dior Fahrenheit, Wars Classic, Adidas Active Bodies, Valentino Very Valentino, Bvlgari, and others... These are the ones that popped up in my head while writing 😉

I rather like Viktor and Rolf spice bomb. A&E has a soap heavily influenced by this scent but with a twist. I believe they added vanilla to the notes. They sell this under the name of The Novelist and it has a soap a/s and edt.

Recommended this to my brother in law who is rather picky and he is quite pleased with the scent.

If by "manly man" you mean going outside with the chainsaw and cutting up a tree that just fell down in the woods: Pinaud Whiskey Woods. If you mean a gentleman going to the opera with his lady friend, or going to the executive suit at work (not a dandy as suggested above), then I would suggest Pinaud Cubman classic. Both have pretty good longevity for aftershaves but are not overwhelming like many colognes-something to avoid if you want to be "manly".
I mean you could always go after a pine tree after you finished with your initial tree.

Poslano sa mog Redmi 6A koristeći Tapatalk

Best place to try before you buy is at a "scent" store (like in the airports). You can test "smell" a ton of fragrances & even try them before you buy them. Depending on your skin chemistry, you may love the smell, but once it's on you, it could react & you end up with something that lasts way too long & you really don't like how it smells on you I was going to buy a very expensive fragrance until I actually tried it - glad I didn't lay down the money sight & scent unseen. Saves having to post it for sale just after you get it & take a loss.

Be a Man - SMELL like a MAN!
Try Shannonssoap's "Lit" shaving soap. IMO, it is reminiscent of the smell of the old asphalt parking lot at Lincoln Electric in Cleveland (where my FIL worked years ago).
Anything else is for foo-foo Manly Wannabes :lol1:

Best place to try before you buy is at a "scent" store (like in the airports). You can test "smell" a ton of fragrances & even try them before you buy them. Depending on your skin chemistry, you may love the smell, but once it's on you, it could react & you end up with something that lasts way too long & you really don't like how it smells on you I was going to buy a very expensive fragrance until I actually tried it - glad I didn't lay down the money sight & scent unseen. Saves having to post it for sale just after you get it & take a loss.
We really need "wet shave stores" that have a good selection of A/S's (e.g. all the Pinaud products!) with testors. If you had one in h
just the largest 50 cities in the country that would be enough.

Be a Man - SMELL like a MAN!
Try Shannonssoap's "Lit" shaving soap. IMO, it is reminiscent of the smell of the old asphalt parking lot at Lincoln Electric in Cleveland (where my FIL worked years ago).
Anything else is for foo-foo Manly Wannabes :lol1:
Lincon Electric the arc welder company? Now that is a manly company making manly products for manly Men. Those Men deserve a manly after shave:
VIBR.jpg

Want to smell like a man?

Here are my suggestions...

Aqua Velva -- totally traditional, barber shop kind of smell. Worn by your dad, war vets, athletes, you name it. Its simply awesome. Drawback -- it doesn't last on you (or at least, it doesn't last that long on ME) I wonder if guys agree with that here?

Old Spice -- kind of all the same as Aqua Velva - but it does last.

Brut -- same as above- and it too lasts on you

CHANEL POUR MONSIEUR -- this is actually a very manly smell. One you could wear to church, on an evening out, or to a business meeting

Ralph Lauren Polo is pretty manly, though some might disagree. Ralph Lauren CHAPS is too, but I haven't seen that one in ages.

Top Bottom