What's new

Best fragrance for a manly man?

Gun oil. I think it smells great.

After that...a manly man will wear whatever he wants. Who's going to tell him otherwise?
I like to wear British Sterling around work, Brut or English Leather when I'm out, something Liliac at church, and Fahrenheit when I feel the need to grow a third testicle.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gun oil. I think it smells great.

After that...a manly man will wear whatever he wants. Who's going to tell him otherwise?
I like to wear British Sterling around work, Brut or English Leather when I'm out, something Liliac at church, and Fahrenheit when I feel the need to grow a third testicle.
I'm familiar with all of them but the Fahrenheit. And since I like all of those, I'd probably like the Fahrenheit.

And what manly man couldn't use a third "tentacle" once in awhile?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Yea, me too. Same goes for whisky woods. Problem is my girlfriend absolutely hates anything Clubman.
I can see how that would be a problem. The solution is that you wear your SR when you're not around her. And when you are, wear something she likes. If you're still figuring that out, may I suggest Captain's Choice Sandalwood - it does the manly warm and woodsy thing similar to SR, but much more subtle and close wearing.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Yea, me too. Same goes for whisky woods. Problem is my girlfriend absolutely hates anything Clubman.
I can see how that would be a problem. The solution is that you wear your SR when you're not around her. And when you are, wear something she likes. If you're still figuring that out, may I suggest Captain's Choice Sandalwood - it does the manly warm and woodsy thing similar to SR, but much more subtle and close wearing.

Thank you kindly for the suggestion. I am indeed still figuring this out. You see If she ever actually did complement a scent on me I would probably pass out from shock. The best I have done lately was to have her smell a bit of Vetiver essential oil I rubbed onto my wrist. The praise was high! She said "Smells better then the other cheap crap you like"

88794299-1AE2-4332-BEFA-7077BC3EE7A4.jpeg

I love the B-M Beaudelaire aftershave splash but the EdT has been on backorder for some time. Are there other colognes that would make as a substitute or pair well the aftershave?
#15 this might help. "Beaudelaire is a pretty unique scent. Brut comes close, but they are distinctly different to my nose. Perhaps a mix of Brut and English Leather, Beaudelaire has that sharp note that EL and Ayramis are known for." and a shout to Tuscany pour uomo

Top Bottom