What's new

Best Food Truck Delights

Food trucks seem to have taken off in a big way these past few years. Some of them are really creative in their cuisine combinations. I need to give this some thought before I respond...I have tried many...I usually go for chip trucks with various toppings. I just thought I would put the question out there to hear other's choices and savour the choices vicariously...

What are your favourite food truck delights?

An urban phenomenon. Here in flyover country, "food truck" means a bologna sandwich eaten on the tailgate of a pickup. ☺

Some of the stuff I see on TV looks delicious. Wish I had access to it.

Been months since i've seen a food truck out and about, they're parked, in the warms parts of the year there are scads. Quite a number around here now also have proper restaurants so you can still get your fix in a warm, 'bathroomed' environment.

dave

We have a few food trucks that have done so successful they now have storefronts. My favorite is a korean/american fusion. There is also one that is a waffle truck where they make awesome waffles both savory and sweet styles.

Every Wednesday at a park just 2 miles from our house they have what they call Food Truck Wednesdays. We tend to go about twice a month. It is a great way to try new food.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not a food truck, but one thing I miss about going to downtown Cleveland was getting a hot dog from a street vendor (always went to the same guy). He may have pulled his cart with a truck to get it there, though. I always got stadium mustard, onions, and kraut.

on edit: I need to check and see if Kroger still sells the Stadium Mustard brand.

on second edit: My memory was wrong, it is Bertman's Original Ballpark Mustard I need.
Bertman Original Ballpark Mustard - Wikipedia

And you can't beat a foot long hotdog or sausage with sauerkraut and relish and mustard...on a thick soft bun. Sheesh...now I'm hungry again.

The original bbq-Korean-beef-taco truck is often parked in my 'hood. Fabulous. The owner has gone on to open real restaurants here in SoCal.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Rusty:
In the neighboring city of Lake Charles, LA (about 40mins away), we have a awesome food truck called 'Sloppy Taco' that serves among other things Ribeye Rolls, Shrimp Tacos and their signature Sloppy Tacos (to die for)! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
BTW, the Mrs. and I are kind of partial to food trucks that have Tacos (and 'fixins'), and/or at least ½lbs franks w/ sautéed onions, chili, different 'topshelf' relishes / mustard's, slaw (maybe a little sauerkraut), and banana peppers, but nix on ketchup. :thumbsup:

However...the Mrs. 'needs' ketchup on hers. :lol1:

"Food Trucks: Quintessential Meals on Wheels". CBJ

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Back in the day "food trucks" or catering trucks were called the roach coach.

Recently I had fries from a food truck.

The original bbq-Korean-beef-taco truck is often parked in my 'hood. Fabulous. The owner has gone on to open real restaurants here in SoCal.
If you’re talking about Kogi, Roy is the man! I honestly think that Kogi Truck still stands out with all these other ones that have started up, and his restaurants are grub too.
I guess if you’re not talking about Kogi though then this will sound weird... but I will still stand by my statements :001_cool:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh, the days long gone by when I ate off of a roach coach! lol
Glad others remember that.
I think I went from job related roach coach. To drinking related food cart / truck. Eating Lord knows what at 2am. For some reason I haven't gotten into the gourmet food truck craze.

Starting to see a few here, mostly Mexican, quality varies a bit. For years I have bought fresh tamales sold out of car trunks in Goodwill parking lots, never an issue, usually very good.

Glad others remember that.
I think I went from job related roach coach. To drinking related food cart / truck. Eating Lord knows what at 2am. For some reason I haven't gotten into the gourmet food truck craze.

I have fond memories of eating burritos and Zingers off the roach coach as a youngin. Gotta watch those things now. :(

And I likewise am not into the current gourmet mobile food fad. Somehow consuming frittata's and and iced cappucinos out of the rear end of a pickup just doesn't appeal to me.

Starting to see a few here, mostly Mexican, quality varies a bit. For years I have bought fresh tamales sold out of car trunks in Goodwill parking lots, never an issue, usually very good.

Bill there was a Mexican woman who made fresh cooked, Mexican food (meaning you had to wait for her to cook it) at a small lunch counter in a gas station down the street from Mass General Hospital. It was simply phenomenal food.

She was/is a lovely person, but sometimes she'd close up early because she sold out. There'd be some second shift Mass General folks who would plead for any leftovers that she had.

Eventually the gas station was sold and she tried to relocate around the corner on the back side of Beacon Hill. The neighbors objected to such humble fare in their neighborhood and she retired for a few years. I'm happy to say that she's reopened, now with her daughter, a few miles away.

Top Bottom