What's new

Best Face Moisturizer? | Cremo Discontinued Mine | Replacement Suggestions?

Day four of testing The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid + B5. Too soon to tell of course but I really like this stuff. My skin feels smoother and looks healthier. It's also forty percent less than the InstaSkinCare. Will report back in ten days, happy shaves.

So, other than changing only one variable, here is my unscientific report. The Ordinary HA + B5 definitely makes my skin look and feel healthier than the Instskincare. And the two ounce bottle of The Ordinary is a third less in price. Win win for me I think. As always YMMV.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
may i present:

the last aftershave balm or facial moisturizer you will ever need

1634665157310.png

The CeraVe works before bed. I've started using a bit of Nivea aftershave balm mixed with Hyaluronic Acid during the day. :)
I think I got some hyaluronic acid from a UK high street store, how much would you add to the balm or whatever lotion you intend to mix it with, would you say?

I came here looking for relief. After using all sorts of products on my face and never ever having problems, I have determined that I am dealing with a sensitivity to my shave balm that I have been using for a long time. It was so bad last night that I could not get any sleep. My face felt like I was being stung by a hundred bees. It was all red and puffy with red bumps.

I have purchased the

Brickell Men's Daily Essential Face Moisturizer for Men.​

Hopefully, it will bring some relief.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I came here looking for relief. After using all sorts of products on my face and never ever having problems, I have determined that I am dealing with a sensitivity to my shave balm that I have been using for a long time. It was so bad last night that I could not get any sleep. My face felt like I was being stung by a hundred bees. It was all red and puffy with red bumps.

I have purchased the

Brickell Men's Daily Essential Face Moisturizer for Men.​

Hopefully, it will bring some relief.

That sounds terrible.

All the sudden it got that bad and you'd been using the same balm for a long time? Curious.

Hope you find relief soon.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Reactions: saj
I recently had a sample of “Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer” and I was really impressed by it, now I’m considering ordering a tube. Does anyone have any experience with it? How does it compare to Brickell?

Reactions: saj
I was using cetaphil lotion, hyaluronic serum, a couple of my wife's creams and nothing was working in the current ultra dry, hot climate.

I then tried a few drops of vitamin E oil and it worked a treat! My skin is once again supple, dewy and my shaves have improved greatly!!

My wife noticed and commented and this was just after the first day of use!
My understanding is that using hyaluronic acid in low humidity is not advised. Apparently Its counterproductive and the opposite of what you are trying to achieve occurs. The H Acid actually draws H20 from the skin into the dry environment. It doesn't tell you that on the bottle go figure.

Reactions: nav
My understanding is that using hyaluronic acid in low humidity is not advised. Apparently Its counterproductive and the opposite of what you are trying to achieve occurs. The H Acid actually draws H20 from the skin into the dry environment. It doesn't tell you that on the bottle go figure.

I wasn't aware HA is a humectant.
My understanding is that it doesn't necessarily attract moisture from the surroundings (like glycerine) but actually pulls water towards itself internally.

I wonder if there are any biochemists here who can clear this up for us?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I haven't tried them all, but from all I've tried Clinique Moisturizer for Men is the best. I've tried hyaluronic acid, both mixed in and before the moisturizer, and I've seen no difference in the results. I'm guessing it's possible that all the years of using the Clinique have eliminated the conditions the HA improves, but I really don't know.

My favorite moisturizer (I use it after every shave), is Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer. I’ve been using it for years now—have tried a few others, but this works best for me.

1677283372970.jpeg

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream which I get free at the gym, Blu Atlas Facial Moisturizer and Cerave are favorites.

Nothing to offer at this stage, Jim, other to say I'm embarking on my own voyage of exploration over the next few months.

View attachment 1171575

Aside from a couple of beard products amongst them, I'll be trying the following:

Nivea Men Sensitive Moisturiser
Nivea Men Creme
Nivea Men Sensitive Skin & Stubble Lotion
Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
ARKO Nem Revitalising Care Cream (2 flavours, Yoghurt & Blackberry, and Blue Fig & Grapefruit)
I'll also be using Bluebeard's Revenge balm as the control / reference point.

How long would you suggest sticking with any one, to determine long term suitability?
I'd say give it a month for each

Top Bottom