What's new

Best Face Moisturizer? | Cremo Discontinued Mine | Replacement Suggestions?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
For a number of years I've been very satisfied with Cremo Face Moisturizer.

HyaluronicdAcid.Cremo.Beach.480.8-23-20.JPG

I've finally developed the perfect post shave routine for my skin.
  • To my damp but not wet skin I apply hyaluronic acid.
  • Then, after it dries a bit, I apply Cremo Face Moisturizer.
  • Next, after more drying (sometimes), I apply a splash.
The kit works a treat but there's a big problem. Cremo Face Moisturizer is no longer being made. Yes, I even went to the company's website and got in touch with the company. I think I'm out of luck on this product.

What are other good face moisturizers? There are so many I don't know where to start.

1601248513816.png

Cremo Face Moisturizer actually has been for me astonishingly superior. Its ingredient list offers hints about why it's so good.

What can I try? I'm not interested in super expensive products, but I'm not interested in junk either. Cremo had it perfect but they've abandoned their customers.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Happy shaves,

Jim

+3! They also make one with SPF. Great products IMO!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Excellent products. I've got the one with SPF also. It tends to clog my pores and make my face feel hot. I have a similar reaction to some other sunscreens, so not for me. I usually palm mix some of the lotion with an aftershave and apply.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
+3! They also make one with SPF. Great products IMO!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, I know about that one and have read the reviews on it.

It's a different product with different ingredients. Plus, I'm not buying anything Cremo makes until the company returns the product they dropped, my original Cremo Face Moisturizer.

I don't want SPF. I'm not generally outside and when I am I apply sunscreen separately. I have enough problems with my skin. I've learned to use products sparingly and not to combine things unnecessarily and without testing the combination on my own skin.

Thanks though.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have two remaining bottles of Cremo Face Moisturizer so I'm not in a hurry on this, but I'd like to try whatever I decide on alongside the Cremo for comparison purposes.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I ordered a travel size to compare with my existing supply of Cremo Face Moisturizer.

1601339038800.png

There are some very good enablers around this place. Like you didn't know that, right?

I am open to other suggestions.​
1601338911474.png

Happy shaves,

Jim

Attachments

• 1601338880507.png
    1601338880507.png
    568.2 KB · Views: 19
I have "problem skin" and the CeraVe stuff did not work long term. I ended up giving away many bottles of product that I had initially picked up to use post shave - a couple CeraVe creams, Nivea sensitive balm, Stirling uncscented etc.

I have to be very careful about what I put on my skin. My post shave routine is hyaluronic acid mixed with a sprinkle of Thayer's unscented, followed by unrefined shea butter after that dries. This is the simplest ingredient routine I have found that does not cause skin issues. Plenty of things on the market sound great until you find the one comedogenic ingredient they just couldn't help but put in - the silicones in CeraVe PM, the isopropyl palmitate in Nivea Sensitive and so on.

I am sure that there are other products on the market that would work for me but the experimentation phase with a new moisturizer is VERY stressful and a 90% + failure. I have whittled down to the single ingredients that work and find that unrefined shea butter is a very inexpensive replacement for balm that does not cause breakouts or irritation.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I have "problem skin" and the CeraVe stuff did not work long term. I ended up giving away many bottles of product that I had initially picked up to use post shave - a couple CeraVe creams, Nivea sensitive balm, Stirling uncscented etc.

I have to be very careful about what I put on my skin. My post shave routine is hyaluronic acid mixed with a sprinkle of Thayer's unscented, followed by unrefined shea butter after that dries. This is the simplest ingredient routine I have found that does not cause skin issues. Plenty of things on the market sound great until you find the one comedogenic ingredient they just couldn't help but put in - the silicones in CeraVe PM, the isopropyl palmitate in Nivea Sensitive and so on.

I am sure that there are other products on the market that would work for me but the experimentation phase with a new moisturizer is VERY stressful and a 90% + failure. I have whittled down to the single ingredients that work and find that unrefined shea butter is a very inexpensive replacement for balm that does not cause breakouts or irritation.

Thanks for a great post on the subject.

SheaButter+Equate.480JPG.JPG

Many products have failed me, too, which is why this topic is important to me.

I have and sometimes use shea butter. While it is part of my kit - a part I tend to use more in the winter and other times the humidity is relatively dry and/or when my skin seems extraordinarily dry - shea butter is not something I want to use every day. Well, that's how I've seen it until now, but maybe I could experiment with tiny amounts on "normal/usual" days.

Do you vary the amount? Since you're a daily user I'm looking for all your tips.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I vary the amount used in the sense that a very tiny amount is all that is needed, however with daily face mask requirements I tend to go heavy and let the excess simply be. I wish I could find another lighter product to use on occasion but the shea butter tends to absorb well enough. I find that it does not tend to be as "shiny" as some moisturizers.

Truthfully the glycerin content of Thayer's is likely enough for most days and got me through the summer. I find the shea butter to simply be a consequence free moisturizer that is very inexpensive considering a grain of rice or two amount is enough to cover the shaved face area.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I purchased this on a whim from Amazon...I like it more than anything I have tried so far. View attachment 1167204

I like the ingredients list (to the degree I understand it).

1602444315076.png

Problem is, all these products are an experiment (for me I mean).

Having a review or recommendation from someone on B&B helps with the trial and error process.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

I swear by:

Lather Bamboo Creme Moisturizer. Super light, super easily absorbed, never greasy, pleasant scent.

Oleo Soapworks Light Moisturizer. Super light, easily absorbed, but can feel greasy if overused, no scent other than components.

Top Bottom