What's new

Best EO (Essential Oil) Tallow Soaps?

Essential oils are extracted directly from their natural sources via distillation.Almost always they do contain other active substances of the source ,along with the scent of the latter.

Parfume or Fragrance is
any lab-made mixture of specific chemicals ( there are about 3102 of them ).

I'm not a perfumist expert, but I would imagine that EO easily has much higher concentration. It's literally an oil. Fragrance is like scented liquid water in comparison.

starting to make sense.
an fo is not an oil, just a scented chemical liquid, and not nearly as concentrated as eo.

EO is extracted product(s) from natural ingredient(s).
FO is human-made.

Keep in mind that "natural" doesn't necessarily mean "better" or "healthier". For example, some vehicles or extracting substances can be very irritating.
But, to me, FO are the most common ofender, in my case. I get bad allergies and general irritation of the nose and lungs from many many artificial fragrances, and some EO.

I have been using unscented shaving soaps almost exclusively for a couple years. I love a quality scent, but those are hard to find and tend to be expensive.

Mike's EO's are awesome my favorites of his:

Bay Rum (EO)
Lime (EO)
Hungarian Lavender (EO)

The others:

Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang (EO)
Rose, Patchouli, & Cedarwood (EO)
Lavandin & Eucalyptus (EO)
Pine & Cedarwood (EO)
Vetiver (EO)
Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper (EO)
Peppermint & Rosemary (EO)

Reactions: DSR
I've been searching for EO tallow soaps mostly because 100% of them work with my skin so far and I enjoy the scents. Stirling definitely is the king as they have a lot of options: Orange Chill, Lemon Chill, Scots Pine Sheep, Electric Sheep, Glastonbury, Bergamot Lavender, etcs. You can check em out on this page, filtered out for only EO soaps. Shave Soap - https://www.stirlingsoap.com/collections/shave-soap?_=pf&pf_t_scent_type=essential

The Sudsy Soapery is another good brand. I enjoy their Frosted Lemon and I have their Blizzard on the way. Couple others that I enjoy are Heritage Hill Continental (Very similar to Stirling Orange Chill in scent), and Mike's Natural Lime soap.
How does the blizzard and frosted lemon compare to stirlings menthol levels, is the blizzard like a glacial, or more a normal level of menthol?

How does the blizzard and frosted lemon compare to stirlings menthol levels, is the blizzard like a glacial, or more a normal level of menthol?
Frosted Lemon is about Stirling's regular menthol. I haven't tried a glacial yet but Blizzard definitely takes it up a notch with the cooling. I'm guessing it's similar to Glacial.

Stirling - Varen
Stirling does make some really good EO soaps but that soap is a combination of essential oil and fragrance oil. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients

Mutton Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distilled Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerin, Essential/Fragrance Oil Blend, Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Lanolin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate

I have Stirling Glastonbury, Bergamot Lavender, and Gin & Tonic on the Rocks. All three are excellent essential oil soaps. I particularly like Glastonbury because that one is in the mutton tallow base.

Tallow & Steel is really high end stuff and all essential oil. Sicily is excellent.

I also like Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper, Bay Rum and Lime. Finally, Shannons makes some good ones, e.g. Haymarket Vetiver.

Top Bottom