What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

Best EO (Essential Oil) Tallow Soaps?

so, do eo's and fo's have same or different concentration?
I'm not a perfumist expert, but I would imagine that EO easily has much higher concentration. It's literally an oil. Fragrance is like scented liquid water in comparison.

Essential oils are extracted directly from their natural sources via distillation.Almost always they do contain other active substances of the source ,along with the scent of the latter.

Parfume or Fragrance is
any lab-made mixture of specific chemicals ( there are about 3102 of them ).

sarimento1

Contributor
I'm not a perfumist expert, but I would imagine that EO easily has much higher concentration. It's literally an oil. Fragrance is like scented liquid water in comparison.

starting to make sense.
an fo is not an oil, just a scented chemical liquid, and not nearly as concentrated as eo.

EO is extracted product(s) from natural ingredient(s).
FO is human-made.

Keep in mind that "natural" doesn't necessarily mean "better" or "healthier". For example, some vehicles or extracting substances can be very irritating.
But, to me, FO are the most common ofender, in my case. I get bad allergies and general irritation of the nose and lungs from many many artificial fragrances, and some EO.

I have been using unscented shaving soaps almost exclusively for a couple years. I love a quality scent, but those are hard to find and tend to be expensive.

cryhavoc

Contributor
Mike's EO's are awesome my favorites of his:

Bay Rum (EO)
Lime (EO)
Hungarian Lavender (EO)

The others:

Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang (EO)
Rose, Patchouli, & Cedarwood (EO)
Lavandin & Eucalyptus (EO)
Pine & Cedarwood (EO)
Vetiver (EO)