What's new

best electric shaver that i have used

hello badgers i have tried so many Electric shavers but iwasnt satisfied with all of them because sometimes they break too early or they are not good for my oily skin. kindly suggest me a the best electric shaver from your experience. thank you.

I sincerely hope this doesn't come across as snarky or dismissive:

This topic has been covered to extreme length in a few other threads and still are active discussion as we speak. There is a surprisingly large following for Electrics around here with a number of tenured members who have experience (and rotation of Electric shavers!) Matching that of the de/straight members around here. Instead of rehashing that here, and ultimately missing out on some very valuable information, I highly encourage and invite you to participate in these threads I'll link below in a moment.

Welcome!

Last edited:
And to follow up, there really isn't a "best" electric shaver - users can tell you what they prefer, but you are unique. Electrics - the vast majority, fall into two varieties - the rotaries: two or three spinning circular blades in fairly robust metal "combs," and foils: reciprocating (back and forth) blades in sort of a thin perforated foil tube. The major manufacturers for both are Braun, Panasonic, Philips Norelco and Remington. Models range from inexpensive entry level, moderately priced and fabulously expensive, and cost doesn't necessarily guarantee "best." Either variety (foil or rotary) is capable of giving you a close, comfortable shave, very much dependent on your beard, face shape, skin, technical preferences and shaving style. All of which is covered in detail in the threads suggested by slybrewguy, more or less active now. Read a bit, jump in with questions, and welcome to the club!

Last edited:
I prefer rotary shavers but I will use both. You don't have to spend alot of money to get a decent shave with an electric shaver. I give a slight nod to Norelco for value and ergonomics. You can get a decent Norelco for less than $40, whereas the Braun M60 or M90 is the only really good value in that price range.

Panasonics are probably something you should pass on generally. Aside from the travel shavers, they don't seem like good values based on my experience and other reviews. They are harsher than Brauns, aren't as thrifty as Remingtons, and their batteries tend to wear out fast (within a few years).

i have seen one spanish website which is working exact replica of your website, are you following that website or they have followed you website name is Esmen

Not my website, but my impression is the reviewer is Greek or Romanian, although I believe the web domain is in Panama.

I'm an Panasonic Arc V Fan. Works really great wet.

Got one right before I switched to Safety Razor and it's much better than
what I used in the past. I'm saving it to use on trips because they make you check in Razor Blade in Baggage.

I'm not a fan of the Norelco → Philipstriple blades, I think that they drive oil and dirt etc.. under the skin and you can get Acne.

hello badgers i have tried so many Electric shavers but iwasnt satisfied with all of them because sometimes they break too early or they are not good for my oily skin. kindly suggest me a the best electric shaver from your experience. thank you.
You can pick any of these, all are top quality shavers. I am personally using Philips Norelco S9721/89

I realize it's been awhile on the thread, but I'm gonna say this one:

20211231_161804[6493].jpg

Santa brought - Panasonic Arc/Lamdash 6 - 6 cutters/foils (yes, the head is massive, but only slightly larger and on par with the Arc 5). Not currently (if ever) available in the US, and Panasonic pricey (though not out of line for high end DE razors), but the top of Panasonic's game now in my opinion, and a marvel of engineering as well as the closest and most comfortable shaving foil I've used, and that includes a long and distinguished line.

My foray into electric shavers, had me buy a couple of Braun's and a Panasonic Arc4. The Panasonic was in that league was by far the better shaver, closer, longer lasting battery and so on. Also they come up on offers on Amazon too. Mine cost under £35.

Forgot to mention. I settled on the Philips oneblade after several months of comparing razors. I find that even though it doesn't leave a perfectly smooth skin it's perfectly fine until you get a chance to have a good old shave.

Forgot to mention. I settled on the Philips oneblade after several months of comparing razors. I find that even though it doesn't leave a perfectly smooth skin it's perfectly fine until you get a chance to have a good old shave.
I hope it works out well for you, those types did not get close enough for me

have you tried the sweetlf from amazon(the best seller), i got a DFS shave with it, better than a braun 3, arc 3, or phillips imo. been using it for 2 years and its still working well. i havent even changed the blades yet, it does tug, if u let ur beard grow for more than a week tho. so use a DE razor if its over 1 week growth. It's best to use it 1-3 days

Braun Series 9. I've used the top of the line models from all major brands, and the Braun is the only one that can give me a close shave, without it feeling like my face was dragged across the sidewalk.

Top Bottom