What's new

Best Drip Coffee Maker?

I use a Jura-Capresso MT600, you can find them as low as about $100.00. Most drip coffee makers never heat the water past about 175 degrees. This makes for a shallow almost cardboard taste. The water on the MT600 is between 195 and 205 degrees as I remember. The freshly made coffee was noticeably hotter and much richer than the new Krups coffee\espresso machine that was getting replaced (still use the espresso side though).

From what I have read the water must be around 205 degrees and it has to stay on or go through the grounds for at least 5 minutes to extract the most flavor. The three brands I had found that met this criteria were the Technivorm, the Bunn and the Jura-Capresso. There may be others, but I stopped looking after I bought the MT600. I have had it for about a year now and it has performed well and makes great coffee.

My MIL likes the dispenser pots a...VNI6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1290089161&sr=8-6

Phil
I bought one of these a number of years ago, when I first saw them on the store shelf. I liked the overall design and convenience, but after some time decided the coffee was not getting hot enough, so I replaced it with a Capresso with thermal carafe which I have liked much better. But I won't knock the HB Brew Station that much as it worked okay when new but seemed to get tired over time. Or maybe it trying to heat colder water in the winter was too much for it, hard for me to say now what the issue was.

Almost forgot to followup on this!

We did get the new machine before Thanksgiving. Turns out it's a Wilbur Curtis machine, not a Bunn. Never used one before, but it seems very solid and it makes a great pot faster than I could walk down the hall to fill the second carafe :thumbup1::

http://www.wilburcurtis.com/ProductSubBody.asp?ID=28

(Oh, and temperature can be set at 200 or 190F.)

Top Bottom