What's new

Best DIY lather bowl

Stirling has some collapsible bowls for $6.00

Collapsible Silicone Shaving Bowl - https://www.stirlingsoap.com/collections/shaving-bowls/products/collapsible-silicone-shaving-bowl

proxy.php
I found 2 of these same exact bowls on Amazon for like $7.78. On Ali Express it's like under $2 per bowl. Black Friday it will be $1.85 and free shipping from China.

I picked up the Stirling Silicone lather bowl, however I picked it up from another dealer as a dog bowl and got it delivered to my door for $4. It is remarkably good! I've used it twice now and the nubs are perfect for building a great lather. I imagine it's rougher on the brush than the ridges in most lather bowls. We'll see how if I start losing hairs from the brushes soon.

Well that worked perfectly. There are about 15 or so pea sized (or slightly smaller) silicon dots around the bottom of the bowl. None separated and it whipped up a good pile of lather quickly totally happy w the result without altering the look of the bowl. I used the design to help me place the dots.

Hi shave family, this is my first post here. I am new to the whole shaving culture in so far as soaps and accessories. I know it's only $20-$30 for a decent scuttle or lather bowl, and i see the plastic $12 Timeless blue bowl, or the plastic PAA Travel Scuttle for $19.99, but I feel foolish spending $20-$30 on a glorified bowl. What are some of people's ideas for DIY. I have an idea for something that will work out perfectly that i just ordered but will take a few days. Feel free to post your ideas. Thanks.
What I did, I took a used plastic Razor Rock Shave Soap tub which is plastic put ridges inside in the center and around the edges acting as an agitator and what do you know it works like a Champ for my liking of building lather !

@usar123 I've done something similar using silicone glue but it didnt stick well to every surface... what did you use to make your ridges? I made dots on the bottom of my bowls and they came off over time...

ahh... the bowls i tried it on were ceramic and metal... the pocket knife won't cut it. (not sorry about the pun)

Top Bottom