What's new

Best disposable razor

Im going on a trip with only a carry on and I need a disposable razor. What one is best? I am looking for a single blade razor.

Any suggestions?

I usually go with BIC sensitive (orange handle). It will take a million passes to get BBS, but is a single blade and is not aggressive.

I would definately go for the Bic sensitive. Its a very undervalued razor and one I use, at home, a lot. It can be difficult to get a very close shave but thats not something I strive for anyway. Comfort over closeness everytime. Give them a try :001_smile

If you can find it, the BIC Metal is a great choice. It is almost like using a SE razor but in BIC disposable form. If you can't I think BIC makes some of the best disposable razors at a budget/travel price (since we are spending our money on AD). I would also like to point out that it depends on which country you are located in. I can't seem to find the BIC Sensitive because it is not available in the US (both single and double blade).

If you really need something compact, you could order the Gillette Guard from one of our Indian eBayers. 24 refills are $12 shipped, two handles with four blades is about $8. It is a cartridge razor with very small carts. The Guard is a new product that is meant to convert the DE shavers in India with cheap carts and is much more compact than 12 Bic disposables. It actually doesn't shave bad for as cheap as it is made. I get mine from vishalmarket786.

Why not mail yourself a couple DE blades at the destination? well wrapped of course.

Just send them to yourself, care of (c/o) whatever hotel or private individual you are staying.

Leonard

I've use both Bic Metal and Bic Sensitive. I think I slightly prefer the Sensitive.

I usually go with BIC sensitive (orange handle). It will take a million passes to get BBS, but is a single blade and is not aggressive.

Nonsence, I get BBS in 4 passes of a Bic just like my DE.

I like the Bic Sensitive, too, but I've never tried the Bic Metal. Not sure what the difference is.

Yes, you can get a good shave in the same number of passes that you normally use with your DE.

I've used the Twin (green handle, no "lubricating strip") and been quite happy with it. It's really like a disposable Trac 2.

Top Bottom