What's new

Best Deodorant?

I know some of the top artisan soap makers also make deodorants.
I have sensitive skin.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ken

After using Old Spice High Endurance for years, it recently started giving me an allergic reaction. Red areas, peeling skin, etc. I searched around and settled on Bravo Sierra. I really like the scent, no more reaction, and it lasts me all day (I work road construction). An added bonus is that 5% of sales go to veterans programs.

Available online, or at Target.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I use Ogallala deodorants. They never seem to bother me. I prefer the Bay Rum & Lemongrass scent.

My skin is pretty sensitive too, and I've had similar reactions to the Old Spice Red Zone.

If you want to stick with Old Spice, I've had very good luck with the Old Spice Classic Deodorant Original Scent in the "original round stick formula" (that text accompanies a small logo of an old-school round deodorant at the top left corner on the front of the stick). It has Alcohol Denat. as the first ingredient and it's usually the cheapest Old Spice variety at the store.

Have also been happy with L'Occtaine Homme Eau De Cedrat deodorant stick, but it's about $19 vs $3 for the Old Spice.

After using Old Spice High Endurance for years, it recently started giving me an allergic reaction. Red areas, peeling skin, etc. I searched around and settled on Bravo Sierra. I really like the scent, no more reaction, and it lasts me all day (I work road construction). An added bonus is that 5% of sales go to veterans programs.

Available online, or at Target.

Will try the unscented. Thanks.

My skin is pretty sensitive too, and I've had similar reactions to the Old Spice Red Zone.

If you want to stick with Old Spice, I've had very good luck with the Old Spice Classic Deodorant Original Scent in the "original round stick formula" (that text accompanies a small logo of an old-school round deodorant at the top left corner on the front of the stick). It has Alcohol Denat. as the first ingredient and it's usually the cheapest Old Spice variety at the store.

Have also been happy with L'Occtaine Homme Eau De Cedrat deodorant stick, but it's about $19 vs $3 for the Old Spice.
I'm one of the few guys around here that doesn't care for the scent of Old Spice...and $19 is too much for the high octane lol...but thanks for your suggestions. I appreciate the help!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I love the Tabac deodorant stick a lot, it lasts a long time, is effective, and it is reasonably priced especially in multipacks. Get some soon in case it is reformulated 😆

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I know some of the top artisan soap makers also make deodorants.
I have sensitive skin.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Ken
Deodorants, especially anti-perspirants, irritate the heck out of me so I started using aftershaves instead; currently Old Spice or VIBR. It works fine and no irritation. If you want scentless, an alum block works well.

Crystal unscented deodorant is basically an alum stick. I use it in rotation with several other deodorants and find it works very well. I would imagine simply rubbing an alum block beneath each pit would have a similar effect.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I used Dove Men and it started making my under arms burn. I switched to Degree and it did the same thing. I switched to Degree aerosol and have not had any problems. I do hate the aerosol so I will be looking for something better.

Subscribed.

If you wear cologne, you paid to smell it/smell like it to others. Or at least that’s how I feel.
Why pay for your deodorant to smell?
I use (and my CEO/CFO, aka wife, also uses) SURE Unscented Invisible. Works great. Around $3.00.
The only negative is be careful how you put on your pull over. If it’s a white tee no problem.

I’ve been using Native for the past week. It works…with no irritation! Nice light, clean scent as well. global_dev, I thank you and my armpits thank you!😃

Top Bottom