What's new

Best DE Razor knurling.

I like the knurling on my Game Changer HD handle. It's a little deeper than that on my Edwin Jagger DE89 and Merkur 34C. I also like the feel of my Game Changer Barberpole handle. Not sure if this counts as knurling, but the pattern on the handle of my brass Karve is pretty awesome.

More of a dimple than knurling but This is my favorite. Tibam Ohio
F695D725-8A0D-4176-8D24-3DE7ADF9EC9C.jpeg

Wolfman WRH1, Wolfman Darwin....Gillette Red Tip, President, Diplomat, Fatboy, 3rd Gen Aristocrat UK.
Just some I admire.

The only one I will use though is the WRH7....just the sexiest handle ever made IMO.

Custom Tibam titanium here as well. Nothing beats deep knurling and light weight.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l1600b.jpg
    s-l1600b.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 21
  • s-l1600c.jpg
    s-l1600c.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 20
Hard to beat the classics:

Durham Dubarry w/Wardonia head:
Durham DuBarry.jpg

Leresche short screw model:

Leresche.jpg

Star DE by ASR/Personna:
Star.jpg

Probak:
Probak.jpg

Schotz slant:
Schotz.JPG

Leresche long screw model:
Leresche2.jpg

And a few SEs just for fun:

Henckels Wotan:
Wotan1.JPG

Gem Jewel:
Gem Jewel.jpg

Radio 1912 variant:
Radio.jpg

I like the knurling on my Game Changer HD handle. It's a little deeper than that on my Edwin Jagger DE89 and Merkur 34C. I also like the feel of my Game Changer Barberpole handle. Not sure if this counts as knurling, but the pattern on the handle of my brass Karve is pretty awesome.

I have the Razorock Barber Pole handle and it's noticeably deeper/gripper than my DE89 knurled handle.

The Stirling Fort Worth handle has a nice knurl to it. Hard to keep clean but the grip is excellent. Paired with an Evo DOC it makes for one of the most aggressive razors I've ever used.
Also the Triad hexagon helix. It's stainless but the grey brushing in the "knurles"complements a Ti head nicely and gives it some needed weight.

DOC.JPG
IMG_E2519.JPG

I felt the very early Triad handles had the best grip. I had four of Toby's early turnings and loved them. Notice the serrations at the edge of each groove. Some people might not have liked them as much as I did, but they were slip-proof. Two have moved on but I still have two.
1586350818084.png

Tom

Top Bottom