What's new

Best DE Razor knurling.

Good knurling is as much about art as it is about engineering. Because not only do you need good quality (and condition) machine tools to produce one. Also the proportions have to be proper to make a razor look desirable. There are many razors that shave well but don't do too well on this as they consider just a means to enhance grip.

My favourite (though I have not used it) is the Rex Ambassador. Combined with the pure SS metal finish it looks stunning. I like deep knurling.

Whats your favourite? Do share.

Say Hello to the Ambassador's little cousin the Envoy.. The Mill on this knurling is insane, def the most grippy handle in my Den.. The craftsmanship overall for this razor is top notch. Razor Blade match review for this razor coming soon!

IMG_2051.jpg

I love handles that offer a lot of grip when wet. Out of the handles I currently use (Feather AS-D2, Weber Bulldog, & Timeless), the Timeless has the most grippy knurling, although the Feather and Weber handles are great, too.

proxy.php

Haven't actually handled it yet because mine is still on order, but the Karve knurling(to me) looks fantastic. I hear it is also more than adequately grippy.

The Razorock Super Knurl handle I have is super grippy even when wet, though not quite as aesthetically top notch as some of the others I've seen pics of.

I bought a Weber razor handle off of ebay that has knurling that's more sure grip than any other razor that I have including timeless.

Fendrihan Mark Series (Adventurer) is tied with my Rex for best grip in my rotation. Different patterns on the Mark Series, you just choose your favorite.

Runner up would be my Maggard MR8.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Gillette old type. Similar knurling carried through early Super Speeds to Techs, clones, and Merkurs.
Classic look, I guess I simply like the historic style and feel.
If you can't hang on to that you've got some other grip problems.

full

Say Hello to the Ambassador's little cousin the Envoy.. The Mill on this knurling is insane, def the most grippy handle in my Den.. The craftsmanship overall for this razor is top notch. Razor Blade match review for this razor coming soon!

View attachment 1083748
I was just about to post here about the Envoy. Definitely the best knurling of any razor I own. I love it with a GSB btw. It's my favorite combo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This new Alpha Bravo handle may be the grippiest

Attachments

• FEAA850D-826D-4ED4-AB4D-A79512EB4101.jpeg
    FEAA850D-826D-4ED4-AB4D-A79512EB4101.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 28
I was just about to post here about the Envoy. Definitely the best knurling of any razor I own. I love it with a GSB btw. It's my favorite combo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I received my Envoy in January not expecting that it would be such an efficient razor. Of course I went with my ole trusty blade the Nacet. The blade for me in this razor was way too aggressive. I proceeded to load the next 16-20 blades to find the perfect match. I narrowed it down to 5 blades and am doing a blind shave test with them for the next couple of weeks. My wife has been kind enough to load the blades and keep track of the report cards on each. The GSB blade works well for me, but did not make the final cut.. These are the final contestants :
IMG_2043 (2).jpg

I also think the new RR UFO (on right) has great knurling too. Very grippy. PAA handle is also good but with slightly less grippy knurling. Interesting how similar they are. Same for the iKon and Weber bulldog handles... both very similar and grippy. The RR HD is also a neat little grippy handle in between the short and long iKon Bulldog. Love all of these.

Attachments

• IMG_9978.jpg
    IMG_9978.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
Top Bottom