What's new

Best DE razor for the smoothest shave?

My NEW Deluxe loaded with a Feather is very smooth and efficient!

Tom
I'm on the hunt for a New Deluxe.
Of the razors I own, many deliver a smooth shave when my technique is good & I have the proper blade loaded, & I use a good soap & lather it properly. The razors that will deliver a smooth shave when the above has been met are:

Aristocrat Junior
Rocket HD
Prewar Fat Handle Tech
British Flat Bottom Fat Handle Tech
Canadian Fat Handle Tech
Slim
Fatboy
Rockwell 6C
Fatip Grande
Shick E1 injector
Shick G1 injector

Hey guys, I'm looking for something that will give me the smoothest shave, what you guys recommend?
I've been using the new Rockwell model t afisyablr for a great weeks now and it has become my go to razor, it's a beautiful tool and gives me a close comfortable shave. I can have a week's worth of growth or 1 day. It costs about $100 but it is worth it.

I've been using the new Rockwell model t afisyablr for a great weeks now and it has become my go to razor, it's a beautiful tool and gives me a close comfortable shave. I can have a week's worth of growth or 1 day. It costs about $100 but it is worth it.

The great thing about the 6S is that it has six plates. That means you can vary your shave according to your blade or shaving needs. I can't beat the 6S with plate #3, but for extra closeness, you can always pop in plates 4 to 6.

The Model T and 6S are quite similar in closeness and comfort.

The great thing about the 6S is that it has six plates. That means you can vary your shave according to your blade or shaving needs. I can't beat the 6S with plate #3, but for extra closeness, you can always pop in plates 4 to 6.

The Model T and 6S are quite similar in closeness and comfort.
Best thing about the model T is you don't have to change plates but you have 6 different settings,I'm lazy so I'm not into changing plates.

Rex Ambassador
Barbaros TR-02 (very smoot with a good technique)
Above The Tie M1
Above the Tie S1
EJ
Merkur 25c
Merkur 34c
Yaqi Mellon
Gillette Black Beauty

Vintage-
Gillette New Long Comb
Gillette Slim Adjustable G4
Modern-
Parker Variant
Parker 94R
Karve OC D
RR GC .84

Surprised I’m not seeing the RazoRock Gamechanger brought up more. For me (and Lord knows YMMV), I can pop a Nacet or Gillette Platinum in the .84 straight bar and it’s like butter. I can’t feel the blade at all. If fact for the first several shaves it caused a lot of irritation because I was unknowingly pressing as I didn’t feel it cutting. For me it’s an extremely smooth DFS (but usually not BBS).

Surprised I’m not seeing the RazoRock Gamechanger brought up more. For me (and Lord knows YMMV), I can pop a Nacet or Gillette Platinum in the .84 straight bar and it’s like butter. I can’t feel the blade at all. If fact for the first several shaves it caused a lot of irritation because I was unknowingly pressing as I didn’t feel it cutting. For me it’s an extremely smooth DFS (but usually not BBS).
+1 Smoothest razor ever? I agree with the Game Changer.84 SB assessment but overall for me, I would say depends highly on the blade pairing. I once used the Treet platinum with the GC.84 SB and it was not very nice but paired with the EJDE89 it was smooth....LOL...truly YMMV!

All the razors I have are smooth in their own ways but my favourites for feel so far are my Tatara Masamune and my fatip piccolo SE.

Edwin jagger DE89
Merkur 34C
Rockwell 6S/6C on plate 1,2 or 3 (my personal favourite)

Obviously blade choice is very important as well super mild is the Derby extra
My fav blades are the Polsilver's, Astra SP and Gillette silver blue

Hi,

Ah. As many answers as posters. :p

The Fasan DoubleSlant is the smoothest of these:

Also add a Pre War Tech, a 48 SuperSpeed, a Post War Tech and an ATT S2 to those.

Stan

Top Bottom