What's new

Best DE razor for the smoothest shave?

The smoothest shave, when it come to my mind, is the cartridge one. Much more clean, and difficult is a straight razor. Besides, my cheap, plastic one from Gillette still doing well (with their foamy)

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    301.8 KB · Views: 39
In my rotation I have only Smooth Razor for my Beard/Skin. Merkur 37c and B1 Ikon are my favourable most than S1 ATT Atlas Handle that is not so smooth for me.
On regular CC Barbaros (big Gap) is so smooth and the others classical are for me smooth too, for example Yaqi Beast Cobbled with Merkur 20c Handleor Yaqi Gunmetal Mellon that is an OC but is so smooth.

Merkur CC on my travel Frankenrazor with G&F little Handle is also smooth. Not so smoot in my remembers Feather Butterfly, Fatip Gentile Wood, Fatip Piccolo, and the Head of 1353 G&F similar or equal of EJ Head.

I've tried a lot of razors. The only one I've used since April, which is odd for me to go that long is my ATT Windsor R1.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I would say the mamba from italian barber. It is so smooth im not sure there is a blade in razor.

I use Kai SS blades in my Mamba 70...slightly wider blade. Gives it a bit more face feel, but still smooth and effortless.

Last edited:
I have 20+ razors from new to vintage and cheap to expensive. I would say the smoothest razor is my aluminum Razorock Lupo. This is the only aluminum DE I own. I do not aluminum razors, so I only own this one. I generally prefer brass or steel, but this is the smoothest razor I own.

I have the same experience with my razorock baby smooth aluminium. Very smooth although I prefer steel.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Razorock Mamba 70 is my smoothest head closely followed by the stainless Baby Smooth. I have almost all of the Razorock heads and enjoy these most. Last night I shaved with the JAWS84 and there is much more blade feel than the with the Mamba 70 and BBS. Great shave, closer than the other razors are capable but not as smooth across my skin. Love rotating thru them all.

The smoothest razor I have right now is my sub-$3 Gillette Super Blue "modern Tech." After spending the $20-$30 I did for the King C. Gillette DE, I'd hoped that would be it, or maybe my RazoRock Hawk v2, but no, it's the bargain-basement cheapie from Aliexpress that's beaten out every other razor I've owned (with the possible exceptions of the Feather AC straights that I had but lacked the patience to master).

Technique is subjective and for me in example aggressive slant works well for smoothness and pleasure shaving once a day beard. For others don't.

Top Bottom