What's new

Best DE razor for the smoothest shave?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, July 2nd 2020 Update from almost 3 years ago !

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Mfg 2018> Excellent, milder mid range razor, Super Speed of the open combs IMO :001_wub: .
Bought one at Christmas for my Son 2 years ago and he is still using it even in the Cartridge era.(he even enjoys it like I said he would!) Great razor to learn traditional wet shaving and enjoy just for a carefree shave for even seasoned shavers out there. If you cut your self= your hand technique needs some improving because it would be hard to do that IMO.

DE SOTD, July2nd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
there is no universal razor that is good for everyone ...
you have to find and match this one for yourself

For me, a pre-war Gillette Fat-handle Tech with a Lord Plat is imperceptible as it shaves. Like it isn’t there, but the BBS it leaves behind confirms it did it’s work.

I haven’t decided on which razor is the the absolute smoothest, but the very smooth ones I like using include (in order) H&S No.75, Paradigm SE & 17-4, .61-.74 gap Wolfman SB, Timeless (any style SB), Gibbs adjustable, HLS Tiaga, ATT S1, and Merkur Progress. There are many more but too lazy to list.:yawn:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Feather as-d2 & Rockwell 6s.
Every time they return to the bathroom, I will be surprised. They didn't seem to do anything during shaving, but at the end I found that they did everything.

It's magic!!

I don't use any razors that aren't extremely efficient. The smoothest, on my face, are the Paradigm 17-4, Rocnel Elite 2019 Aggressive, Wolfman WR1 .74 OC, Nodachi, and a few others. All work well, but don't have the blade feel I enjoy.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Hey guys, I'm looking for something that will give me the smoothest shave, what you guys recommend?
After decades of using my father’s hand-me-down Gillette Slim adjustable, I purchased a Rockwell 6S, and oh my! It’s given me nothing but a near-perfect shaves. Use Astra blades and the #4 Setting.

Like others have said the 6S with the right plate (for you) could be a real good fit. Its smooth for me with the #4.

But my smoothest DE is the Timeless Ti 0.95 Scalloped (polished finish). Beautiful looking razor to boot.

Top Bottom