What's new

Best DE Head Shaver

I am currently balding and thinking about going all out and "coming home." I already do a short #4 setting for my haircut. I'm going to do a #2 next and get used to the shorter look before I do all out no guard buzz. I'm considering even shaving my head within a year or so.

What is the best DE for head shaves? Any tips? Thanks!

Hello,

R41 with a Razorock SLOC cap. One of the best shavers I use. Two passes no problem BBS. ATT H1 is awesome as well.

Cheers
John
DF905F49-D039-4A5E-9BAA-29238FF1ECAE.jpeg
AC6A0E68-D4E4-4715-BCD4-094AC0965415.jpeg

Nobody's got your head mate. Trial and error, starting with what works on your beard . I use all my razors (several dozen) on my head.

The best razor for head shaving is the one that you find after trying many types; finally finding that which works best for you.

YMMV on all items.

For me I have been headshaving for about 20 years, I use both SE and DE razors, I like the Gillette Old and New types the best for head shaving.

Nobody's got your head mate. Trial and error, starting with what works on your beard . I use all my razors (several dozen) on my head.

This. For instance Ruds from Ruds Shaves likes heavy aggressive razors for the head shave, because he only does one ATG Pass. I on the other hand prefer a light & mild/mid-agressige razor because I do WTG/XTG on the head. ATG would be painfully during the shave and would lead to a lot of irritation. So best bet is: trial and error.

FWIW I've evolved into two pass ATG head shaver, no problem with irritation or tugging shaving daily.
This. For instance Ruds from Ruds Shaves likes heavy aggressive razors for the head shave, because he only does one ATG Pass. I on the other hand prefer a light & mild/mid-agressige razor because I do WTG/XTG on the head. ATG would be painfully during the shave and would lead to a lot of irritation. So best bet is: trial and error.

FWIW I've evolved into two pass ATG head shaver, no problem with irritation or tugging shaving daily.

It all depends on one's hair & skin type. No type of preparation, quality of products or shaving technique can compensate if you're skin can't take it. Not long term that is.

Obviously so yes. Technique is also a factor, I used to think I needed an aggressive razor to get a BBS head shave, now I know that's not the case, some of my favorite head shavers are mild razors.
It all depends on one's hair & skin type. No type of preparation, quality of products or shaving technique can compensate if you're skin can't take it. Not long term that is.

I feel that any razor that you've used on your face, will work for you head. I would only recommend that you start out shaving WTG a couple of times, then do XTG. I rarely do ATG, because within a few hours, I feel the stubble already lol.

I use the same razor on my dome that I do on my face. And no, I do not switch blades. People make too big a deal out of head shaving . . . I have always managed to achieve the same quality of shave for my head as for my face. the only difference is, it's easier to do so on my head. Two passes, BBS, every time. At worst, it's a little scratchy behind the ears.

I personally use the Merkur 34c, which I find to be quite mild. I agree that mild razors are good for head shaving.

I use the same razors for both head and face and haven’t had a problem with any of them but my favorite head shaver is my Rockwell 6S with the #4 baseplate.

If I’m in a rush, I do a quick single WTG pass with a Gillette Tech. The result isn’t BBS but looks as if it is.

Thanks, Gents. I'm going to think this out. Will start out shaving in front of the sink. I'm a current shower shaver. Only time will tell.

Top Bottom