What's new

Best darn $1.99 you can spend!

Just did a quick search for label ideas and found this little gem:

proxy.php

I've been on Queen Street in Lancaster! :w00t:

I finally got around to enjoying this product post shave. The quality of this product far out weighs the price. Usually I apply a balm after my splash, but in this case Superior 70 had enough soothing silky smoothness for me that a balm was unneeded. Now I'm glad I bought two bottles, because I'll be using this all summer.

It's an odd duck being sold in the ethnic section as more of a soothing balm type product. I like it that way as if it were to become an "AS" the price would triple!

It's an odd duck being sold in the ethnic section as more of a soothing balm type product. I like it that way as if it were to become an "AS" the price would triple!
Yea, that threw me for a loop when I was in the store. At first I walked right to the shaving section, and almost got pissed thinking they were all out even though the website said they had it in stock. After looking around the store for a minute I found it. They can keep flying it under this banner if it keeps the price down. Just more for us in the know :001_cool:.

PS -- SWMBO approved this scent whole heartedly, so it is now in the permanent rotation :thumbup:

As far as I know it is a Walgreens product only and they are only in the US & Puerto Rico.

I would like to mention that I purchased a bottle of this at a Rite Aid today (New York). I would say that this is not so much pharmacy-specific as it is any neighborhood that has a strong latino presence specific OR simply just random. The rite aid has always carried it and had plenty of other bottles. This was in the "ethnic" section, not shaving. They also had some Alcolado menthol rub down thing, kind of like vapor rub...

I would like to mention that I purchased a bottle of this at a Rite Aid today (New York). I would say that this is not so much pharmacy-specific as it is any neighborhood that has a strong latino presence specific OR simply just random. The rite aid has always carried it and had plenty of other bottles. This was in the "ethnic" section, not shaving. They also had some Alcolado menthol rub down thing, kind of like vapor rub...
If they had Alcolado Glacial (nuclear green with a penguin?) you should certainly try that out. From what I hear there is an iceberg in that little bottle. It is supposed to be a menthol bomb.

Searched the Walgreens website, found the store that carries the Superior 70.

I knew it wasn't in the shaving area, but I stopped to look there anyway. A clerk asked if she could help me with anything, and I asked where the ethnic section was. She replied, "Oh, you mean the Hispanic section?". I said yes and she lead me to the area.

When I picked up a bottle of Superior, priced at $2.19, she asked what it was for, and I explained. She said she had no idea what it was, and that Hispanic customers will buy 10 bottles of the stuff at a time.

Anyway, just shaved (MMCP, Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar, post-alum) - and splashed it on. A little more clove than cinnamon, but that's ok. I thought it a very soothing scent, and soothing to my face too.

Thanks gents for the find. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
There are only 2 Walgreens within miles of me that carry it. The first store had 3 and I bought 1 to be polite. Went back to get one for my Dad and they were out. Found another store and they had 2. I bought them both this time, one for Dad and 1 extra for me!

I am a big fan of the Superior 70 Bay Rum and use it almost daily. I pay $2 for it at the bodega across the street from work. It's worth every penny.

I was first given a small sample by my barber who used it in a spray bottle after the haircut.

You guys have to leave some for the old ladies to rub on their aches and pains!
I just bought a bottle myself for the hubby. I told him it was from my country, he won't touch it :lol::lol::lol:

It's supposed to be good for soreness and headaches and if you happen to be a Santero, its used for offering and cleansing in rituals. I guess some people may prefer pure bay to Florida water for those purposes. It reminds me of my Grandmothers they are always rubbing this on their knees and what not. There are cheap kinds like this from the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico that are just bay oil and they all smell similar.

Last edited:

I did a search for Superior 70 on Rite-Aid's web site and found NADA. :mad3:

I did a search for Superior 70 in every Walgreens location in

Entire state of South Carolina
Entire state of North Carolina
Augusta, GA
Savannah, GA

NOTHIN'. :mad5:

The only places I could find were in areas of Atlanta with heavy populations of hispanics (Smyrna).

Did you gents notice the alcohol content?

proxy.php

And some say it doesn't sting? Just thinking about it makes me wince.

BTW, I have seen it in local supermarkets in Northern New Jersey and most times, iirc it is with the rubbing alcohol. :lol: Especially their mentholated one.

Surprising enough it doesn't sting. Maybe it's the bay oil? I get more sting out of Aqua Velva. I actually like a bit of sting.

Top Bottom