OC:
Blackland Era OC5 or OC4

Slant:
RazoRock Superslant L3
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "monster" slant with, perhaps, a shim

Vintage:
Gillette New Short Comb
Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech

Hey, if you are in favor of things Italian, the FOCS (Fatip Lo Storto Originale) is brass, OC, slanted, and in a vintage vein. If you don't chase BBS (a bad idea for every day shaving), the FOCS (or the Gentile version) should make you very happy. And you get the choice of Piccolo or Grande handle!

Assuming that "Daily" is referring to the mildness of the shave so as to not cause irritation, in addition to the aforementioned, I would add the Karve Christopher Bradley, B or C plate. I'll add another endorsement for the Fatip Testina Gentile (either handle) and the Gillette Techs (any variation)

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
With their going out of business sale, Above the Tie becomes an option. I love the SS Windsor. There may still be plate options since YMMV.
I can’t say enough good things about ATT. They have suspended the sale at the moment but I have and love the X1 AC Slant. I did place an order for the S1 DE slant. I’ll know in a few days if I got the order in soon enough.

Honestly, that Parker Variant is one of my favorites. I could shave with it everyday and be happy.

Otherwise, all other razors mentioned and to be mentioned after this post are good too.

The KCG is a great daily driver - I used it for months as my one and only DE razor. Great shaves. Once your technique picks up any razor can be a best daily driver. That said and echoing others before me a Tech or a Fatip are just as good (in fact these were numbers three and two subsequent to the KCG).

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I shave every day because it coincides with my job, and I would love to be enlightened with your guy’s opinions!

For the moment I’ve used;
•Parker Variant
•King C. Gillette

My opinion was that the Gillette was extremely mild to my distaste, and the Parker is a little much on the aggressive. I also believe adjustability is more of a sales gimmick at this point.
You've answered the beard and skin type questions. :thumbup1:

How about price range?

Here are a couple of threads that may be of assistance:

Thread 'Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)' Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD) - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/comparison-of-de-razors-in-my-den-from-75-to-125-usd.600310/

Thread 'To Tech, Or Not To Tech.....How Do The Best Techs Stack Up?' To Tech, Or Not To Tech.....How Do The Best Techs Stack Up? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/to-tech-or-not-to-tech-how-do-the-best-techs-stack-up.621829/

There's also a ton of good information in the Journals and Diaries room:

Hope this helps. :)

Top Bottom