What's new

Best DAILY DE?

I shave every day because it coincides with my job, and I would love to be enlightened with your guy’s opinions!

For the moment I’ve used;
•Parker Variant
•King C. Gillette

My opinion was that the Gillette was extremely mild to my distaste, and the Parker is a little much on the aggressive. I also believe adjustability is more of a sales gimmick at this point.

Hi @Anty! Parker Variant is definitely not an aggressive razor on low settings. Maybe you use a blade that is a bit too aggressive for you?

Hi @Anty! Parker Variant is definitely not an aggressive razor on low settings. Maybe you use a blade that is a bit too aggressive for you?
As far as my circumstance, I would imagine it would be a case of it’s relative “aggressiveness” to the Gillette.
Generally I shave 2 on the neck and 4 on the face and it performs decently well. But I do ride the cap a lot.

Not knowing your beard type, routine, skin sensitivity and so on then..

Mild but still efficient enough for daily shaving:

Gillette Tech
Gillette Super speed
Henson medium
Merkur 34c
Edwin Jagger DE89
Razorock gamechanger .68
Merkur 37c
Karve Overlander
Feather AS-D2

To name a couple. If you want something a bit more efficient but that could still be used daily (depending on passes) then I recommend:

Mühle Rocca
Rex Envoy
Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blackland Blackbird lite
Yates 921 M

Not knowing your beard type, routine, skin sensitivity and so on then..

Mild but still efficient enough for daily shaving:

Gillette Tech
Gillette Super speed
Henson medium
Merkur 34c
Edwin Jagger DE89
Razorock gamechanger .68
Merkur 37c
Karve Overlander
Feather AS-D2

To name a couple. If you want something a bit more efficient but that could still be used daily (depending on passes) then I recommend:

Mühle Rocca
Rex Envoy
Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blackland Blackbird lite
Yates 921 M
I have fairly sensitive skin, wirey curly beard hair.

I looked into the Rocca and 3one6 a fair bit because I really wanted a really high quality piece.

The Star 100 is a great, cheap (usually) vintage razor that is a great daily driver. For modern razors, the Razorock Lupo .95 is a very smooth and efficient razor. Also, these are MY opinions (much like Miss Anne Elk and her theory about the Brontosaurus).

So much depends on you, that makes it difficult to recommend the one best razor. How do you feel about vintage, for instance?

If I was starting over, I would probably choose a pair of razors, one with safety bar, one with open comb. Something like a Gillette Tech (Canadian pre-war model) and Gillette New Short Comb (replated in nickel). Those are well-made all-brass razors that can be found in great shape at reasonable cost.

If you want something brand new, the number of choices is dizzying these days. Something like a Razorock Gamechanger or Lupo would be a fairly safe bet. Possibly a Henson Medium, if you like their style. I'd also take a look at Fatip razors, but they are not going to work for everybody (they work very well for me, though).

Last edited:
Top Bottom