What's new

Best Current Non-Tallow Shaving Soap

Thanks guys for the recommendations... it seems Saponifico Varesino gets plenty of love... might give that one a shot...

Any if you that have used MWF how does SV compare to it just to have some common ground?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never used MWF but it beats the other 3 you have listed by a mile

MWF is, for some, much harder to lather. With SV, just waving the brush starts lathering :)
SV scent, any scent, is a bit nicer than MWF. Performance wise SV is just a tad over MWF but not but much - at least for me. Now, MWF is not a bad soap by any means, if you have it, keep it, if not maybe add one to your collection - one of the top tallow soaps with lanoline.

Another vote for both WSP Rustic and Mama Bear's! With Mama Bear's you can also a menthol soap great on a warm summer morning.

I'll cast my votes for Sudsy Soapery, Klar Siefen, and Soap Commander.

I do have SV on hand that smells amazing... Looking forward to trying it sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A lot of great vegan soaps these days. For me:
MdC
Nuavia
Sudsy Soapery
LpL
Saponificio Varesino
I Coloniali (if it ever comes back)
Soap Commander
Klar Siefen
Cade
WSP Rustic
PdP
This is pretty much in order for me for various reasons, however, they are all excellent and I am very happy using any and all of them.

captains choice, catie's bubbles, PAA/crown king, are the 3 that come to mind. They're all affordable with matching aftershaves, and great performance.

Crown King, if you don't want to break the bank. If you are willing to spend more, Le Pere Lucien. If you are willing to break the bank, Martin de Candre or Pannacrema Nuavia.

Baume.be cream, Grooming Dept. Pannacrema Nauvia, St. James of London, Castle Forbes just to name a few of the great ones

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica, 70th anniversary and the new LE Felce Aromatica are all great soaps. I will make a note about the regular Felce that I think mine went bad and I think it was because I gated and pressed it into my Old Spice mug and come to use it today it smelled off but still performed great.

Captain's Choice is right at the top for me. Soap Commander is another one that is good. I have a tub of Wickham Soap Co Russian Leather and it is a nice soap but towards the bottom of my list. I have two tubs/pots of Geo F Trumper shave cream and I really like them after only one shave. And last I have Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar and have only used it once but I really liked it and can't wait to try it again.

I had Mama Bears soaps and I didn't like them, I should say my skin didn't get along with them and got a slight skin reaction from it

Top Bottom