What's new

Best Creed Green Irish Tweed Inspired Soap?

Creed's GIT has to be my favorite scent of all time. I'm looking for a soap that comes the closest to GIT's scent. I've tried Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, but they are not even close in my opinion. Must also be a top performing soap (Stirling quality or better). I've searched this forum but all the posts are pretty old.
Thanks everyone

Never tried real Creed, but I love the scent and performance of WSP Gaelic Tweed. Both Rustic and Formula T are top notch!

Mystic Waters or Lisa's; either one would likely be satisfying for you. As mentioned, not the exact scent, but darned nice scents and in wonderful soap bases.

The one made by Queen Charlotte Soaps - Green Irish Tweed Type was amazing, both in quality of lather and scent.

Unfortunately they are no longer in business.
Wonder if they can make a come back.

The two favorites I've tried so far are Stirling Sharp Dressed Man and WSP Gaelic Tweed. From what I've heard, Gaelic Tweed is much closer to the original. I admit, the two scents are related, but not the same. The Mystic Water take is next on my list, as I've always enjoyed her soap performance.

Interested in this as well.

The mention of Lisa's Natural Soaps is interesting as the soap just got reformulated -- tallow + sheep milk.

Creed makes an expensive GIT soap. As a GIT wearer for over 20 years, I can attest to the fact that The Wickham smells pretty decent

If you're not looking to match it exactly, Cold River Soap Works Le Chypre Sombre is a nice compliment.

Also, another option is Saint Charles Shave Fairway.

Anyone try the Bain Amour Green Irish Tweed? I have the southern gentleman and it’s incredible. The maker told me she modeled the green Irish after the feed.

Creed's GIT has to be my favorite scent of all time. I'm looking for a soap that comes the closest to GIT's scent. I've tried Stirling's Sharp Dressed Man, but they are not even close in my opinion. Must also be a top performing soap (Stirling quality or better). I've searched this forum but all the posts are pretty old.
Thanks everyone
Thanks everyone

Thank you for opening this thread. Exactly what I was looking for. The scent of GIT has grown on me a lot in the past one or two years so that I want to dig deeper into it.
The only one I have tried so far is Sterling's Sharp Dressed Man. I find it rather close to the original and I like it. I am surprised you find it a missed approach.
I also tried Sterling's Baker Street, which to my nose is GIT with Barbershop. I love this scent, but with its Barbershop part, it drives away from original GIT.
Today I received a parcel from Maggard's with Van Yulay's clone of GIT. I wanted to try a Van Yulay soap anyway, so I took the chance as this soap was on offer at Maggard's. Smelling this soap in its bowl does not evoke GIT at all. But, let me lather it and do some shaves to see how it deploys.

There's a youtube video if you Google it that goes over one reviewers top 10 duplicates of GIT that may help you but as a big Creed cologne user I can say there is no soap that can smell exactly like the cologne. They are two completely different products as one's a fine fragrance and one is a simple soap base. Even if you were able to get the Creed fragrance oil from the House of Creed and put it in a soap it would smell very similar but still different than the cologne. This was explained to me by one of the top Fragrance companies in the USA who I work with as a personal care product developer. When Creed develops their shave soap they start from scratch and the same would be if they were to do a skin moisturizer or any other non cologne product for example. I always thought it was as simple as dropping in a fragrance from the original cologne and it is not that at all. So get one that's close and you like the performance of and then go with it. It will form a good base for your cologne. Also GIT is a monster when it comes to silage, projection and longevity so it will overpower any shave soap or even an aftershave as long as you give them time to sit for a while before spraying on the GIT cologne.
My pick would be WSP Gaelic Tweed as Lee's pretty good with fragrancing and Lisa's Natural is also good or spend the $100 on the Creed shave soap which is the closest in scent. I had a chance to try it and it's ok as far as performance goes but it gets the job done if you have good technique. Only alternative is get a great performing unscented soap or a cream is even easier and a bottle of Thayers unscented Witch hazel AS and add a couple of sprays of the cologne into them. I did that with a Original Vetiver by Creed and it worked great!

Good hunting!

Very true! Making soap, splash, balm, etc. with a specific fragrance is a whole different story each time. No way just adding the EdT-fragrance into it.

Top Bottom