What's new

Best Cream for Irritation free shave?

Believe it or not I get the best shave with my Barber Poll Slant using Moulton Brown's Recharge shave Oil and I was just wondering price being no object what is the best cream combo for an irritation free shave?

Peace.

What works for one person may not work for another. There is no such thing as "the best" cream. You can use high quality products, but if your technique isn't good, you're going to have irritation. As with everything else, YMMV.

The great majority of people here have had excellent results with Proraso/C.O. Bigelow. I don't know of anyone who has had "real" issues with the stuff. If there is one great cream, it is Proraso.

Of course, I have a cupboard full of soaps and creams. Each one is wonderful for some reason, and they all work great. I don't keep products I don't like.

Here's my current rotation:
Speick SC
Speick SS
D.R. Harris Marlborough SC (I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin)
D.R. Harris Arlington SS
Proraso SC
KMF Peach SC
RL Safari SS

I would recommend any of the aforementioned products. I would also add MWF, Tabac, and Musgo soaps to that list. While Musgo and MWF are both quality soaps, some people with sensitive skin have reported irritation due to ingredients in the soap. Again, YMMV. This is a question you'll have to answer for yourself.

Believe it or not I get the best shave with my Barber Poll Slant using Moulton Brown's Recharge shave Oil and I was just wondering price being no object what is the best cream combo for an irritation free shave?

Peace.

Just to be clear, you're not experiencing unusual irritation from your shaving now, right? You're just looking for opinions from others as to which creams give the most comfortable shaves?

Most confortable shaves with creams? Musgo Real and Veleiro!

Try to make some superlather with Musgo + MWF or CADE soap and you'll get some REAL confortable shave... :)

Just to be clear, you're not experiencing unusual irritation from your shaving now, right? You're just looking for opinions from others as to which creams give the most comfortable shaves?

Some irritation which Moultons solved(I had always been partial to oils) so I was wondering on the conventional side what else gives great irritation free shaves that would equal or better Moulton's results.

Arkwell,

Musgo real & TOBS Avocado work really well for me.

Whilst not creams, I have found the soft soaps Cella & P160 Morbido are really excellent at provding slip and protection during the shave.

Good luck !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Peace.
Price has nothing to do with it. You're going to have to try a few things to find out what works. Could be the cheapest out there, and Proraso isn't a bad place to start.

Of all my creams, 3 can get me through without irritation:

KMF
Musgo
Proraso

Or you can just get the Musgo Aftershave Balsam and kill irritation and razor burn for good!! :w00t:

There's something about rose creams for me. My regular rotation includes Trumper's Coconut, NB Replenishing, Taylor's Shave Shop, Taylor's Rose, and CO Bigelow (Proraso).

I get good shaves from all of them, but the Taylor's rose is the least irritating every time. I almost don't need any aftershave treatment with it. I also have a sample of Trumper's Rose that I use from time to time, and the result is the same.

When I have irritation, Taylor's Avocado is a go-to for me. I'm almost out, so I'll have to figure out whether to reload or branch out. As to those that lead to irritation, thankfully creams generally work OK for me, with the exception of the much (and justly, IMHO) maligned Cade cream.

[Typical, yet valid, disclaimers: Cade soap rocks; go figure. Cade cream is intended to be brushless; I suppose it might work OK that way, but then the cost/use would skyrocket beyond it's already suspect starting point.]

Top Bottom