What's new

Best Cover Songs

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
So I am going to see Primus in Vail on Saturday evening. They are continuing their summer tour of performing "A Farewell to Kings" for the first half of their set. To say that I'm looking forward to it is understated.

I do watch the "What Are You Listening To" thread in the Barbeshop regularly, I respect the vast majority of ya' all and I really do enjoy being turned on to new tunes.

In the spirit of the concert on Saturday I wanted to start a thread more specific than "what are you listening to?" and drive it towards "what have you listened to, yet who's done justice to it?".

I think we're sometimes guilty (often not our fault, necessarily) of not even knowing who the original writer/artist is.

I'll start with some fluff, I think the album version is better than the video, but all in good fun regardless...

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Haven't seen Primus in years but I'd love to see them do A Farewell to Kings! I saw the open for Rush on the Roll the Bones tour they played a little bit of Tom Sawyer in the middle to Tommy the Cat. Back in the early 90's I had a "Primus Sucks" bumper sticker on my car and damn near nobody understood it.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
The late Judith Durham did many covers, one has been covered by everyone .. not even sure who did the original either ..

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Georgia Satellites did a Rod Stewart song justice, but I can't remember the one..... maybe some other genius on here can post it? A truly great cover.

Top Bottom