What's new

Best cooling aftershave?

I have Poraso and Baxter aftershaves and like them alot. They are very cooling. I was wondering what is the most cooling aftershave out there? I am hooked on cooling and tingly stuff!

Thanks

WetshaverinMaryland said:
I have Poraso and Baxter aftershaves and like them alot. They are very cooling. I was wondering what is the most cooling aftershave out there? I am hooked on cooling and tingly stuff!

Thanks

Is your Proraso the Pre/Post? That one has a very nice cooling effect.

Cooling afershaves I have used include the Baxter's, Both Proraso's, Billy Jealousy ASB, CAR peppermint, and if you want a witch-hazel based asb, try Em's minty menthol A/S splash.

ada8356 said:
Is your Proraso the Pre/Post? That one has a very nice cooling effect.

I was going to say the same thing. Pre/Post is about 10x as cooling as Proraso liquid cream. Both are nice, but the Pre/Post is like jumping in arctic waters.

SLider said:
Cooling afershaves I have used include the Baxter's, Both Proraso's, Billy Jealousy ASB, CAR peppermint, and if you want a witch-hazel based asb, try Em's minty menthol A/S splash.

Of the ones you have for cooling, can you rank them in the cooling department?

Thanks

TomH said:
Hi gentlemen,

...don't forget, the Spanish and Italian Floid after shaves...

Thomas

I'll have to agree. Those floids are quite refreshing :cool:

The Italian floid felt as though I had ice cubes on my face for at least a half hour after shaving!

And add: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue Splash.

TraderJoe said:
I'll have to agree. Those floids are quite refreshing :cool:

The Italian floid felt as though I had ice cubes on my face for at least a half hour after shaving!

And add: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue Splash.

That's right, my friend..., great stuff, this Aqua Velva...:yesnod: :yesnod: :thumbup:

Thomas

Looks like my thread has created some interesting discussion. I am glad for that. Maybe we can have people respond and list their aftershaves listing the coolest first. There are some I would be intereted in comparing to Baxter or Proraso (which I have both).

I love a nice cool feel after a shave

Thanks for all your help

The Brave Soldier is very cooling, IMO, and I just checked the label on it, and noticed that it has Lidocaine in it, so it includes a very slight numbing function as well.

I like it and the Baxter equally, but I've been reaching more for the Code Blue recently.

Thanks
I think Aqua Velva would be an excellent choice. 6494ffab708a580048a114a357eba224.jpg

For mild cooling (there are plenty of threads about face-freezers), I always like to mention Lúcido from Japan.
It just feels good too.

Sometime I intend to try Krampert's frostbite.

Top Bottom