What's new

Best Combination of Efficiency and Comfort?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEM junior 1912 SE razor is one of the best razors that can give a decent shave and is efficient and comfortable with a Gem Personna SS PTFE blade.( hand technique of any razor is important for a comfortable shave)
Have some great shaves!

have you shaved with a GC jaws or R41? i find that to have the perfect amount of blade feel.. The R41 has a lot of blade feel, which is great for a 2-3 day growth but borderline when shaving the next day with very little growth
Haven't shaved with a jaws and it's been a very long time since I've used the R41, but I do remember it having quite a bit of blade feel.

Jaws is the best of both worlds for me. Very efficient and comfortable. I typically use an Astra SP or Feather. The Fatip OC is close but not as smooth. I can use either daily. The R41 is a bit more efficient but not comfortable ATG. I can't use the R41 daily.

Two days ago I finally put a Feather in my Wunderbar and had a very impressively efficient shave. One data point so far.

I don’t have very many uncomfortable shaves - and I shave with a lot of different razors. So I can’t help there.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
For me, it's the Gillette Slim Twist. For some reason, that razor gives me the best comfortable shaves.
I can understand it.

My 1962 Tech and my 195? (forgot) Fatboy are the closest to shave Nirvana for me. Both were excellent the first time I used them.

So far, my Rockwell 6c on the 2 or 3 plate. Rex Ambassador even more so. Have an H&S NO75 on order that I've heard is very smooth yet efficent. After that, I should probably stop my RAD in its tracks.

There are several super smooth and efficient razors that are no longer produced (RS10, Paradigm Ti 1 & 2 or 17-4) or difficult to get (Wolfman in higher gaps). If you are interested in a smooth and efficient adjustable the (vintage) Gibbs is a beauty. If you want readily available razors the Timeless 95 or Charcoal Goods (L2 is smoother but not as efficient as L3) are excellent choices.

Best of luck AJ

For me it’s been the Blackbird.

Timeless .95SB is a close 2nd but I have to buff too much on one area and that leads to irritation.

For my face the Blackbird is more efficient which leads to lasting comfort.

Dart gets an honorable mention as that was a fantastic shave as well, but I’ve only had one with it so far so there’s no long term data there for me.

My Top 2 in the Best Combination of Efficiency and Comfort Category are :
#1) TATARA NODACHI :ouch1:
#2) TIMELESS Ti .95 SB
HON. MENTION: BLACKBIRD SB

Last edited:
Timeless Ti95DC OC/SB is the most efficient and comfortable razor I've ever used and made ever other razor I had obsolete and they were promptly sold off...

The Global Shave R41+. It's based on the Muhle R41 but seems to have smoothed out the bite.

Mind you,it can still show you the need for attention but it's not lurking for your mistake.

marty

Top Bottom