What's new

"best" cologne for brutally hot, humid weather

I honestly laughed a bit when I saw this ;-) However, this morning when deciding what fragrance to wear, I remembered what you said...and decided to give it a shot today. Today was the warmest day we've had and I'm guessing it topped out at 88-ish with a seemingly high humidity level. I've worn this frag before and really enjoyed it quite a bit. So, today at the office I smelled nice, and towards the end of the day it started to fade. Now the cool part of this story is that today at my son's baseball practice (I'm the pitching coach for the team), I was working with a couple pitchers and trying to get their mechanics worked out and suddenly got a wonderful whiff of Kouros! My sweat reactivated this frag today and it smelled great.

When I got home even my wife said, "you smell nice...what is that?" The moral of this story is that BingeAndPurge was correct...thanks for the tip!!

I honestly laughed a bit when I saw this ;-) However, this morning when deciding what fragrance to wear, I remembered what you said...and decided to give it a shot today. Today was the warmest day we've had and I'm guessing it topped out at 88-ish with a seemingly high humidity level. I've worn this frag before and really enjoyed it quite a bit. So, today at the office I smelled nice, and towards the end of the day it started to fade. Now the cool part of this story is that today at my son's baseball practice (I'm the pitching coach for the team), I was working with a couple pitchers and trying to get their mechanics worked out and suddenly got a wonderful whiff of Kouros! My sweat reactivated this frag today and it smelled great.

When I got home even my wife said, "you smell nice...what is that?" The moral of this story is that BingeAndPurge was correct...thanks for the tip!!

Haha I am glad you enjoyed it, but I was, in fact, joking, and thought I'd get some remark about being insane for suggesting it. I like to randomly throw Kouros around in threads that are looking for recommendations because it is so polarizing and can be difficult to wear. I am glad you experimented with it and it worked out because I may have to give it a shot tomorrow myself.

Tobacco Vanile by Tom Ford. God knows I love the stuff to death and am almost out. I have an allergic reaction to most other colognes but not this one. ID BUY SOME IF I HAD THE CHANCE...PM ME! :)

Tobacco Vanile by Tom Ford. God knows I love the stuff to death and am almost out. I have an allergic reaction to most other colognes but not this one. ID BUY SOME IF I HAD THE CHANCE...PM ME! :)

B&B vendor Archefire sells 4ml decants of this for $11. Look for him under the vendor section.

I applied Neroli Portofino this morning and thought it was pretty much gone by the end of the work day, but after going for a run and working up a sweat the frag came back to life. When I had finished my run and stood dripping with sweat, I smelled as though I had just stepped out of the shower.

This frag reminds me a lot of Creed Original Vetiver which is another frag I have stocked up for the summer, but I don't know if OV has the staying power of NP. I will need to try running 12 hours after application of OV and see if I have similar results as I have had with NP. I also think that OV with it's soapy note would make a better wear in hot weather than the Guerlain, but I will have to wait for some hot and humid weather to put them to the test.
Well, OV does not even compare with NP. After 10 hours I could still faintly smell OV on my skin and then I went for a 5 mile run. When I returned there was nothing, zilch, nada. It was as though the little that was there before my run was all washed off by my sweat.

Well, OV does not even compare with NP. After 10 hours I could still faintly smell OV on my skin and then I went for a 5 mile run. When I returned there was nothing, zilch, nada. It was as though the little that was there before my run was all washed off by my sweat.

I had the exact opposite experience with OV the other day.

Saw a recommendation for Nautica Voyage earlier in this thread. I stopped by Ulta and while it smelled alright acqua di gio just smelled better IMO. Anyone able to compare these scents? I'm thinking about picking up the 1.7oz bottle from Amazon. While not as good a price as the $20 3.4oz the smaller bottle would be enough to try and it's only $15 so easier to swallow if I don't like the scent.

Saw a recommendation for Nautica Voyage earlier in this thread. I stopped by Ulta and while it smelled alright acqua di gio just smelled better IMO. Anyone able to compare these scents? I'm thinking about picking up the 1.7oz bottle from Amazon. While not as good a price as the $20 3.4oz the smaller bottle would be enough to try and it's only $15 so easier to swallow if I don't like the scent.

The price difference on Amazon between the 1.7 and 3.4 for Nautica Voyage is only $2. I have smelled Voyage and Aqua di Gio and I think Voyage is better. Aqua di Gio is played out in my opinion. Everyone wears it.

http://www.amazon.com/Nautica-Voyag...2TIY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333722536&sr=8-1

Odd I looked this morning and could have sworn it was $15 for the 1.7oz size. For $2. the 3.4 is a better buy.

LOL! L'air du desert Marocain (spicy sauna desert campfire smell)
Terre D'Hermes (seems to cut through anything for me)
Creed Zeste Pamplemousse. (Refreshing realistic grapefruit with clean white flowers)

It may be expensive, but at least it smells expensive.
proxy.php

Top Bottom