What's new

"best" cologne for brutally hot, humid weather

I don't just mean "summer"; I'm talking "blast furnace." Or, say, NYC subway platform in August.

What do you think?

Something that normally dies on your skin quickly and has base notes you appreciate and that mix with your body chemistry well. I'm by no means a fragrance expert, but I do live in a place where it's 100+ degrees and 50+% humidity on choice summer days, and I like to use Silver Mountain Water and Geir, they work for me in the heat.

I like Creed's Bois de Cedrat, or C&S's Neroli. Pen's Extract of Limes. Anything light & citrusy works for me.

$IMAG0246.jpggreat stuff

Monsieur Balmain..

Check it out....if you like lemon

This is a great one in the heat. I also like Hermes eau d'Orange Verte, 4711, and CK One. In Nicaragua, lots of folks I encountered were wearing Agua Brava, and I found, surprisingly, that it worked well for me as well in the humid heat.

In the heat of the summer last year (north of 90, high humidity), I enjoyed using Agua Lavanda Puig and Royall Rugby. Also plain old Aqua Velva. I was traveling, so I didn't feel like taking any high end stuff with me. At some point, I picked up a bottle of Cool Water at a duty free shop and it was pretty pleasant too.

I like Creed's Bois de Cedrat, or C&S's Neroli. Pen's Extract of Limes. Anything light & citrusy works for me.

Bois de Cedrat seems like great stuff, but both times I have given myself test sprays it's been gone in just a few minutes. Maybe it would work better under clothing.

To answer my own question, scents I was thinking of that might fit the bill are Acqua di Parma Colonia, Creed Erolfa and Pen's Limes.

As an aside, the genesis of this thread was a test spritz I recently had of Creed Original Vetiver. It seemed to me like a great scent for spring, but it struck me that the grassiness wouldn't work as well in really hot, as opposed to warm, weather.

Absolue Pour le Matin is a creamy smooth, fresh, lemony scent that also lasts all day on my skin. I actually smelled it on my wrist the next morning.

My dreams for Guerlain Vetiver for summer wear have now been shattered!!!

I would use Guerlain Vetiver; it's got the citrus and the vetiver, so what's not to like? Personally, I'm not a Cool Water or Green Irish Tweed fan. I also like Geranium Pour Monsieur by Frederic Malle for extreme heat. I think the mint is sublime!...

My dreams for Guerlain Vetiver for summer wear have now been shattered!!!

Haha....to tell you the truth though...you need some other people to weigh in on this as I am not a huge fan of Vetiver to begin with. Even though I think most scents can be worn year round, Vetiver is just so strong and heavy to my nose I cannot imagine it in intense heat.

Top Bottom