What's new

Best cheapish cream in a tube?

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
After my experience today, I would argue the C.O. Bigelow is likely one of the best deals. I went to Bath & Body Works for a tube and learned it was buy 2 get 1 free. So...slightly under $7 a tube.
Yet cheaper still was the Cremo Cream I got at Walmart for $5.99 a tube.

The new Gillette Pure might be cheaper still (I'm not sure), but there seems to be good opinions on it.

I want to do a controlled shave-off of the Bigelow/Proraso versus the Cremo Cream. Kind of a Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed deal. Just need to go another day for more growth.

I got the same deal there on the.c.o. Bigelo.
I tried the Cremo a while back but I didn't like it. I also got some bad acne bumps the next day after using it.

I also like that a little goes a long way when lathering the c.o. Bigelo, which also saves me money. I think I will give the Gillette Pure a try and see how it goes.

La Toja in a tube is my favorite shave cream, Smells great, lubricates extremely well, and is inexpensive. I've tried at least 40 other shave creams and like La Toja the most.

Old Spice Fresh Lime. Great super-thick lather and nice scent. It is fairly low-cost, although I don’t get a whole lot mileage out of a tube.

Old Spice Fresh Lime. Great super-thick lather and nice scent. It is fairly low-cost, although I don’t get a whole lot mileage out of a tube.
Similar to Godrej lime although the Godrej lasts longer and is cheaper too. The absolute cheapest is jolly wich is great stuff.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Godrej menthol is the slickest one I have followed by omega.

I'm not impressed with nivea blue. It's not slick enough.

Old spice is also quite good. Tabac is the WORST. Too dry and dissipates on my face everytime!

large-godrej-shaving-cream-menthol-70g.jpg

Godrej menthol is the slickest one I have followed by omega.

I'm not impressed with nivea blue. It's not slick enough.

Old spice is also quite good. Tabac is the WORST. Too dry and dissipates on my face everytime!

View attachment 953731
Nice! You're right Godrej is very slick and i love it! Currently im using the lime, but im going to order the menthol when i need to stock up next year.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Isn't CO Bigelow just rebranded proraso or did they reformulate?

Can't say. I have a tube of Proraso Green. And the cream out of the tube is...greenish in color.

The C.O. Bigelow I used today for the first time was white. And seemed of thicker consistency than the Proraso Green.

In Ireland the the one you're most likely to find is Palmolive. You can usually get it for 2-3 Euro from local pharmacies and grocery stores.
Nivea sometimes shows up and that can range in price from 2-5 Euro. Normally when the price is jacked up its because of the brand name.
There are others like Real Shaving Co. and Bulldog that range in price from 5 - 8 euro depending on the store.

I'll tell you what; there are so many great reasonably priced creams (and soaps for that matter), I would hate to have to come up with something new to sell to make a living.

A cheaper one that actually smells good, you can face lather nicely and is relatively slick and cushiony is Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Shave Cream. I’m relatively new but haven’t had nicks and cuts using this cream.

Can't say. I have a tube of Proraso Green. And the cream out of the tube is...greenish in color.

The C.O. Bigelow I used today for the first time was white. And seemed of thicker consistency than the Proraso Green.

Your Proraso Green cream is green? Would not have expected that. I have a tube of each in my drawer as I write this. Mine is white, just like the CO Bigelow. I use both, they are identical.

Maybe just batch variation.

Top Bottom