What's new

Best cheapish cream in a tube?

La Toja is great. I'd recommend Figaro also - you have to order it from a guy on Ebay but it's quite reasonable and he ships promptly.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Thanks all for the responses so far. Searching on Amazon given me something completely different.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

best value creams in tubes??

Proraso!!

Coates!!

AOS in close-outs!

proraso red green blue.jpg
coates almond dovo merkur vision gillette nacet taylor of old bond st james april 18 2018.jpg
art of shaving pils souplex bourbon amber december 13 2018.jpg

A 70 gram tube of Dettol can be found in the Indian subcontinent for approximately $1.25 USD. I have seen 50 gram tubes of lesser known creams for approximately $1 USD. So one can shave cheaply there....or given the disparity in wages a tube of Dettol could be considered as very expensive when compared to a can of Barbasol as used by the typical American bloke; more on par with some artisan shaving cream.

A 70 gram tube of Dettol can be found in the Indian subcontinent for approximately $1.25 USD. I have seen 50 gram tubes of lesser known creams for approximately $1 USD. So one can shave cheaply there....or given the disparity in wages a tube of Dettol could be considered as very expensive when compared to a can of Barbasol as used by the typical American bloke; more on par with some artisan shaving cream.
Not really, remember a tube of cream needs to be lathered, so although it has less in it than a can of barbersol, it lasts just as long.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Not really, remember a tube of cream needs to be lathered, so although it has less in it than a can of barbersol, it lasts just as long.

I was referring more to the relative economic costs. Meaning a $1 tube of shave cream in India sounds cheap to a US consumer. But to a working person in India it would be more like the typical US worker buying an artisan shave cream since their income is much lower.

That even though Dettol is not sold for $1-$2 in US because of logistics we actually have much cheaper (relatively speaking) canned options like Barbasol. Gillette canned stuff is sold in India but it is 2-3 times more expensive than Dettol if my memory is correct.

I've been using Nivea as an ingredient in superlathers with Proraso White, or Proraso Green, or Wilkinson Sword soaps and croaps.
I don't care for the scent of those (nor of the Nivea), but mixing them with Nivea moderates the scent into something more ... interesting, and makes a better lather.
This is my "Blue Monday" mix.

I rarely use the Nivea by itself.

Arko Shaving creams
proxy.php

Derby Lemon's scent is nice but does not perform as good as Arko shaving creams.

I was referring more to the relative economic costs. Meaning a $1 tube of shave cream in India sounds cheap to a US consumer. But to a working person in India it would be more like the typical US worker buying an artisan shave cream since their income is much lower.

That even though Dettol is not sold for $1-$2 in US because of logistics we actually have much cheaper (relatively speaking) canned options like Barbasol. Gillette canned stuff is sold in India but it is 2-3 times more expensive than Dettol if my memory is correct.
Oh okay,
Where i live canned foam costs way more than tubes of cream, so thats why i was confused.

I like C.O. Bigelo very much.

After my experience today, I would argue the C.O. Bigelow is likely one of the best deals. I went to Bath & Body Works for a tube and learned it was buy 2 get 1 free. So...slightly under $7 a tube.

Yet cheaper still was the Cremo Cream I got at Walmart for $5.99 a tube.

The new Gillette Pure might be cheaper still (I'm not sure), but there seems to be good opinions on it.

I want to do a controlled shave-off of the Bigelow/Proraso versus the Cremo Cream. Kind of a Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed deal. Just need to go another day for more growth.

I just tried Lea classic and was blown away by the performance. Used it after proraso pre and it was immediately put in my top tier.

After my experience today, I would argue the C.O. Bigelow is likely one of the best deals. I went to Bath & Body Works for a tube and learned it was buy 2 get 1 free. So...slightly under $7 a tube.

Yet cheaper still was the Cremo Cream I got at Walmart for $5.99 a tube.

The new Gillette Pure might be cheaper still (I'm not sure), but there seems to be good opinions on it.

I want to do a controlled shave-off of the Bigelow/Proraso versus the Cremo Cream. Kind of a Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed deal. Just need to go another day for more growth.

I think I paid $5.98 @ Walmart for the Pure. Looking forward to a result of the shave-off!

Did you get the lathering cremo cream in the tub or the cream in a tube? I ask because the cremo tube cream is non lathering. Wouldn’t be a fair compariso to compare a non-lathering cream to a lathering. OP indicated he also wanted a lathering cream.

Did you get the lathering cremo cream in the tub or the cream in a tube? I ask because the cremo tube cream is non lathering. Wouldn’t be a fair compariso to compare a non-lathering cream to a lathering. OP indicated he also wanted a lathering cream.

My Cremo tubes, the Original and the Cooling, are of the non-lathering line of that brand.

Honestly...I think lathering is a bit overrated. I have two brushes. I couldn't tell you the last time I used one. It's been several months. If the razor glides on my skin, it makes no difference otherwise to me. I palm lather/rub my soap and creams directly on the face.

That sounds more confrontational than I want. Here's how I do my creams. Apply with mostly left hand. Shave with my right. I do NOT rinse the cream off my left hand, using it to re-apply after each pass. Works well for me.

I think my choices of either C.O. Bigelow or Cremo Cream are sound based on both price and the fact I believe most Americans live within 20 minutes of a Walmart or Bath and Body Works.

Top Bottom