What's new

Best canned shaving cream?

So i did a few searches and came up with nothing on this topic. My fiance’ won’t use a brush or soap but i want to get her a quality shaving cream. I’ve given her all my old barbasol aloe and since it’s about done, i’m on the hunt for some good canned cream. Anyone have any recommendations? Also please no “canned goo” comments. I get that some people hate canned shaving cream but she’s not going to convert to soap and brush (or brush and cream) so i’m really just looking for good recommendations. Thanks in advance!

It's not canned, but my wife loves Trader Joe's honey mango cream. Maybe that or one of the Alba Botanical tube creams? I haven't used canned cream in a while so I can't make a recommendation on that beyond Proraso and Barbasol.

Proraso has the red and green in a can. Even a hard to find yellow version. Nivea also has canned shave cream.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My favorite was always Edge Gel, and as we always showered and shaved in the shower together, my wife started using my Edge Gel. It is still her favorite.

The propellant in canned foams and gels tends to dry my skin, but the best one I have found is Barbasol Sensitive. With the exception of the propellants, the ingredient list looks pretty good: Water, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Isobutane, Laureth-23, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe), Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme), Carica Papaya Fruit Extract (Papaya), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propane, Fragrance.

Appa Kappa makes a great canned foam.
proxy.php

1869 Shave Foam

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Get her something from the ladies shaving aisle. They are formulated a bit differently than the mens and may be in scents she'd prefer.

Appa Kappa makes a great canned foam.
proxy.php

1869 Shave Foam

That’s an interesting one! Might be too expensive for me but it’s now on my radar. I decided on just going the proraso route and seeing how she likes it. It’ll be a good gauge of whether she’d appreciate a $22 can of shaving cream. Thanks again for everyone’s input!

I only use canned cream and I get great results. Get her some Barbasol Extra Moisturizing, it has a nice clean scent.

That’s an interesting one! Might be too expensive for me but it’s now on my radar. I decided on just going the proraso route and seeing how she likes it. It’ll be a good gauge of whether she’d appreciate a $22 can of shaving cream. Thanks again for everyone’s input!
I have to admit I didn’t read your post completely. She might like the white moss or the cedro scents a bit more. Probably the white moss.

White Moss Shave Foam
Cedro

I use non-traditional items every now and then.

I've gotten the best performance (closest to soap and brush) with Proraso Red Canned Foam.

I also like:
Proraso Yellow Foam
Proraso green foam
Cremo Cream. (My wife's absolute favorite. I turned her on to it. She bailed on her Eos and Skintimate)

I use non-traditional items every now and then.

I've gotten the best performance (closest to soap and brush) with Proraso Red Canned Foam.

I also like:
Proraso Yellow Foam
Proraso green foam
Cremo Cream. (My wife's absolute favorite. I turned her on to it. She bailed on her Eos and Skintimate)

I’ve always wondered, is cremo brushless? I was under the impression you had to make the lather but i wasn’t sure. I ordered her proraso green so we’ll see how she likes it. I’ll end up just using it myself if she’s not a fan.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Noxzema Aloe & Lanolin seems to both protect and soften skin, and might be a good ladies' choice. The scent is pretty neutral. (FWIW, it contains dimethicone, an inert silicone, that I sometimes add to my shaving soaps for extra slickness.)

Gunilla Knutson sure liked it:

I’ve always wondered, is cremo brushless? I was under the impression you had to make the lather but i wasn’t sure. I ordered her proraso green so we’ll see how she likes it. I’ll end up just using it myself if she’s not a fan.

Cremo is designed to be used brushless. However, my prerferred way of using it is to add a little water and whip up a lather with a brush. It is my go to product for travel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom