What's new

Best budget razors (< 10 USD)

I am using a Pearl SS-01 close comb razor which I got for INR 259/- on www.amazon.in

The elephant makes for a nice background to a razor made in India and

That's about USD 3.40/-. I have been using it for a month and it is a mild razor. Gives a clean shave in 2-3 passes. The good thing about this razor is unlike other budget razors, the handle is made of brass (chrome plated) and the head is made of zinc alloy. Blade alignment is good though not 100% perfect. I don't see any other razor even from China which is made from brass and is available at this price point

Do post if you have other razors that cost < 10 USD and shave well.
IMG_20200410_102107.jpg
IMG_20200410_102040.jpg

If you're near any antique stores you can probably find a nice Gillette tech for $10, but it could take some searching. Personally, my go to DE is a gold open comb 3 piece that I think I paid exactly 10 bucks for at a flea market and I adore it.

Lord S625-1 (newer version of Lord L6) 7,50 Euros incl shipping.
And my 3 Euros Yuma, the Turkish budget razor.
Two very cheap and very good razors.

My Baili GOT was $7 and worth every penny. Also the Yaqi tech can be had for under $10 and is outstanding.

Just had a blinding shave with a Razorock OLD type. $7.95 for the head only. Remarkable.
A stainless or brass version would fly off the shelf I'm sure.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
At the recommendation of @riverstyxxx a LONG time ago, I bought a REALLY cheap razor that does a great job. Cost was about USD 1.5 ? I think. I'll look and see if it's available still. I MAY have bought an extra. I think it's called a "Jing Li".

FarmerTan

At the recommendation of @riverstyxxx a LONG time ago, I bought a REALLY cheap razor that does a great job. Cost was about USD 1.5 ? I think. I'll look and see if it's available still. I MAY have bought an extra. I think it's called a "Jing Li".
Maybe it was Ying Lui ? I'll have to see if I hid it from my wife so well I can't find it! If I find it I'll take a picture. It's a thinly coated chrome plate over steal with a black plastic handle. Tech clone that shaves really close and clean.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Are you referring to the Ying Jili?

I commented on the Ying Jili for "The Tech Clone Wars" thread.

Here is the same razor, different name:

It did not ring my chimes but it's certainly an option for $2.42 with Free Shipping.

YMMV :)

FarmerTan

Are you referring to the Ying Jili?

I commented on the Ying Jili for "The Tech Clone Wars" thread.

Here is the same razor, different name:

It did not ring my chimes but it's certainly an option for $2.42 with Free Shipping.

YMMV :)
THANKS SO MUCH! That's the one! Here's mine:
IMG_20200411_002056781~2.jpg

Seems like I got 3 for $5.... They are what they are: cheap. But they perform above their cost. Just don't drop one in the shower! Snap!

Last edited:
I got a "River Lake" Futur clone and 10 Dorco ST-300 blades for $7 US (plus free shipping) during AliExpress' 10th Anniversary sale. It's up to $8.69 US now:

It should be here early next week. I have no idea if it's any good. But, for $7, I can afford to experiment. :001_tongu

I think knowing the Chinese manufacturing setup only one factory produces all the Ming Shis, Qshaves and other Futur clones. These are then sold at different price points under different brand names and by different sellers. I think you will be getting the same razor as a Ming Shi 2000s or a Qshave. Do let us know if it's different in any way from the two.

I am using a Pearl SS-01 close comb razor which I got for INR 259/-

The elephant makes for a nice background to a razor made in India and

That's about USD 3.40/-. I have been using it for a month and it is a mild razor. Gives a clean shave in 2-3 passes. The good thing about this razor is unlike other budget razors, the handle is made of brass (chrome plated) and the head is made of zinc alloy. Blade alignment is good though not 100% perfect. I don't see any other razor even from China which is made from brass and is available at this price point
That is a great price for a DE89 clone head and brass handle. I use my Edwin Jagger DE89 as my travel razor which cost ~£19; that is ~1800/- rupees
The razor head is the second picture does not look the same as in the first picture.

Top Bottom