What's new

Best, Boldest, most Behaved, Blackest Black Ink?

I'm going to throw another option out there.... Rohrer & Klingner. Leipzeiger Schwarz is their black ink and should fit the bill for what you are looking for. Unfortunately, this is one that I do not own. I do however, have 5 of their other offerings and all are fantastic. Good color saturation, well behaved in my experience, and fairly quick drying (both the regular and iron gall offerings). For deep/dark colors, they make my favorite blue/black in Salix and a wonderful purplish-black in Alt-Bordeaux.

I'm going to throw another option out there.... Rohrer & Klingner Leipzeiger Schwarz is their black ink and should fit the bill for what you are looking for.

I bought a bottle from Massdrop and used it in short order. It was my go to black for a while and will be again when I finish off some other bottles of black ink. I agree, it will fit the bill of blackest, boldest, best black ink.

I bought a bottle from Massdrop and used it in short order. It was my go to black for a while and will be again when I finish off some other bottles of black ink. I agree, it will fit the bill of blackest, boldest, best black ink.

That was a great deal! Picked up 3 bottles myself.

Aurora Black is the blackest i have used but it flows really well. Too well for you from what you say.

People often overlook Platinum Black. Not the pigmented black, but the dye based ink they make. It isn't as black as Aurora but it is really well behaved. One of the best behaved inks around without being dry or stingy in flow.

Also look into Monteverde Midnight. I would order some samples and see for yourself.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Aurora Black is the blackest i have used but it flows really well. Too well for you from what you say.

People often overlook Platinum Black. Not the pigmented black, but the dye based ink they make. It isn't as black as Aurora but it is really well behaved. One of the best behaved inks around without being dry or stingy in flow.

Also look into Monteverde Midnight. I would order some samples and see for yourself.
I second that. Aurora Black worked really well. Platinum Black is particularly good on crappy paper - not much showthrough at all.

Diamine Jet Black seems well behaved and has the right sort of not-too-wet flow. No hard starts, skipping or upsetting pen innards with this one.

i didn't even get a sample of Jet because i heard so many stories about the ink having flow problems.
I think it depends on when the reviews are from - modern Jet is blacker than of old and, for example, in the Kaweco Sport with M nib I have it in in carts right now it’s really nice. Only issue with this one is that if you set the pen down uncapped for too long it will dry out and need a bit of a kick to restart but in use I have zero flow problems.

Top Bottom