• Supermax

• Gillette

• Crystal

• Sharp

• Shark

• Personna

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
YMMV! This is such a complex matter because your beard type and your beard prep will choose the blades for you. I do enjoy Astra SP and Indian Wilikies because they make me slow down and focus very well in what I do, and i do get a great shave. 7 O'Clock Yellow, I feel a fool to pay so much money for them. Bic blades they're good, Lord SS good, Feather very very very good, Rapira Swedes good.
Super Iridiums are very good, 7 O'Clock platinums are good...
I believe the best thing about DE shaving is the blade choice, it's fun to try new blades, and run to the forums and tell your new experience, and also bash Derby blades.
There are good number of blades that will give you good shaves. Buy sampler packs and go on a quest to find your favorites.

When it comes to opinions, there is no best for everyone.

Technique, type of razor, skin sensitivity, beard density, beard growth rate, hair thickness, hair strength, the amount of protection your specific soap provides, your skill at lathering, etc etc etc all equate to the quality of your shave.

We all have preferences, and sure there are many blades that rise to the top like cream... but there is no one blade to rule them all.

Every product in wet shaving has pro's and con's... lovers and haters.

When it comes to opinions, there is no best for everyone.

Technique, type of razor, skin sensitivity, beard density, beard growth rate, hair thickness, hair strength, the amount of protection your specific soap provides, your skill at lathering, etc etc etc all equate to the quality of your shave.

We all have preferences, and sure there are many blades that rise to the top like cream... but there is no one blade to rule them all.

Every product in wet shaving has pro's and con's... lovers and haters.
+1 but still fun to hear opinions and talk about what people see as being the "best" for them.

High end: POLSILVER Super Iridium (russian Gillette), Timor, Merkur, Feather, Bolzano, all Gillette 7 o'clock (mostly blacks)
Low cost: Wilkinson (Solingen), Astra SP, most of LORD's

Last edited:
I voted other - Polsilver SI

same here
polsilver si are my current favorite with astra platinums second
these both cut through my tough beard yet have a forgiving glide that feathers do not
i love the feathers too so they round out my top 3

I voted for my personal favorite Personna hospital use blades. It looks like "other" is winning. Makes me wonder which blades are really winning!!!

Maybe the next thread I start should be a poll with the more popular blades, but even though Other is winning the vote its nice to see the lesser known blades in comparison to one another

No votes for Nacet yet, wonder if anybody has ever used these?
$Blade Sampler - Copy.JPG

Gillette. All of the 7 O'clock blades are great and I also like the Super Thin Gillettes. Im surprised the Lord blades havnt done better in the poll.

Last edited:
Top Bottom