• Crystal

• Sharp

• Shark

• Personna

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I couldn't put Derby, Merkur, Astra or Feather in the poll

$Blade Sampler.jpg

I would of dropped the Dorco, Sharp and Supermax for Astra, Feather and Derby. I've never heard anyone say they love a Dorco.

I don't know much about the other blades and its easy to find an opinion on the Derby, Merkur, Astra, and Feather blades and thanks for telling me what you voted other for, that is very helpful.

I would of dropped the Dorco, Sharp and Supermax for Astra, Feather and Derby. I've never heard anyone say they love a Dorco.
I disagree. A spectrum of blades is what a sampler is all about. I started with blades that have detractors, and they all shaved perfectly fine. Plus, if Derby or Dorco ends up being your blade, you're set when it comes to taking them off other people's hands!

I disagree. A spectrum of blades is what a sampler is all about. I started with blades that have detractors, and they all shaved perfectly fine. Plus, if Derby or Dorco ends up being your blade, you're set when it comes to taking them off other people's hands!
Good to hear from a fellow Oregonian!

Gillette silver blue,original gillette blue blades,original gillette super blue,7o'clock gillette permasharp indian,7o'clock gillette super platinum Indian and also super iridium and permasharp super ( also gillette blades ) are the best

Last edited:
I voted Gilette and more specifically Super Iridiums- nothing else comes close for sharness,smoothness, and longetivity...it's a no-brainer.

I understand that, but the title of the thread is "Best Blades" and he asked "What are your favorite blades and why?"

And thus since it is a poll I found it interesting to leave off there of the most popular brands.

I understand that, but the title of the thread is "Best Blades" and he asked "What are your favorite blades and why?"

And thus since it is a poll I found it interesting to leave off there of the most popular brands.
I guess maybe I should have included the more popular ones in the poll, if had been able to do more than 12 choices I would have. I guess I was hoping for feedback on the more obscure blades from the sampler.

Top Bottom