What's new

Best Blade To Prevent Razor bumps/Ingrown hairs

What the best blade to prevent/reduce Razor bumps and Ingrown hairs ???
Thank you very much ...

I don't think there is a definitive answer to this. A blade works well for someone and not at all for another. I 'd say you should experiment with a sharp and a medium sharpness blade. Also try avoiding shaving ATG for some time to see if the ingrown hairs are reduced.

What the best blade to prevent/reduce Razor bumps and Ingrown hairs ???
It is the blade that cuts your stubble the cleanest and feels the smoothest. There are mixed views on this and it depends on razor angle as well. GSB, Polsilver SI, Astra SP, Gillette 7 o'Clock yellow, Feather are a few you should experiment with. One blade does not fit all and also razor and blade combinations add another variable.
What are your experiences to date?

All of the them/None of them. In other words, you're going to have to find out the old fashion way... Try them one at a time until you find one that works. Really simple.

Different variables come into play. I cut my neck it pretty bad one one blade using one brand of soap but when I use same razor and same blade but different soap, no issue...

Try out some different blades and work on your technique

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I feel the same as everyone else thats posted. Everyone will have differing experiences with blades and the best advice would be to try several different types of blades until you find the one you get along with the best.

I've tried maybe 15 different kinds so far and I havent found one thats better for me than Polsilver SI.

You can buy as many or as few of many different blades here: All Double Edge Razor Blades - TryABlade.com Or get a sample pack almost anywhere. Try some of the most recommended types and buy at least 2 or 3 of each so you can form a decent opinion.

There's so many factors that affect the answer. Skin type, beard type, sensitivities, razor aggressiveness, quality of soap you're using, technique.

I use top shelf soaps (because my neck wont toletate less), I use a ATT S2 razor and the smoothest blade I have found is Gillette Platinums which I rarely see mentioned for some reason. Honorable mentions to GSB and POLSILVER in that order but I have 2000 Gillette Platinums on hand and use nothing else. My razor and blade never change

Top Bottom