What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

Best blade for post war Gillette Tech?

Best blade for post war Gillette Tech?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm considering giving my tech to my dad as a gift. A barber told him once his whiskers are like wire. I suppose his beard type is like mine, dense and fast growing. A daily shaver. I think he was using a Krona or Black Beauty before switching to cartridge about a year ago.

I'm interested in suggestions for what type of blade to include. I already have the Derby premium and Bic chrome platinum, but I would prefer to include something highly recommended.

Thanks...

It's your tech. You've used it. If you and he have the same beard type, what blade worked for you?

I achieved good shaves using Gillette silver blue, Bic chrome platinum, Personna lab.

But it's been a long time since I've used it, and back then I was still developing my technique, and wasn't going about testing things very scientifically, so I'm not sure I trust my own opinion about the blades.

The beauty of this razor is that it works with a huge range of blades, especially for daily shaves.

With my post war Ball End Tech I get great shaves with pretty much all modern Gillette DE blades but if I'd pick one, it'd be the Astra Superior Platinum.

But with blades it is always a issue of YMMV.

Thanks. I added that to the poll choices since I'm still in the edit timeframe.

All this talk of blades. Makes me curious. I might have to re-test some of my blades in this Tech, you know, to make sure I'm not sending him a defective razor. I have some Kais...somewhere... Haha

FarmerTan

"Just Call Me Billy"
The beauty of this razor is that it works with a huge range of blades, especially for daily shaves.

With my post war Ball End Tech I get great shaves with pretty much all modern Gillette DE blades but if I'd pick one, it'd be the Astra Superior Platinum.

But with blades it is always a issue of YMMV.
Kai is another one, but for comfort alone I'm choosing the GSB.
All this talk of blades. Makes me curious. I might have to re-test some of my blades in this Tech, you know, to make sure I'm not sending him a defective razor. I have some Kais...somewhere... Haha
Great minds!

Is that you I hear laughing @KeenDogg?

Top Bottom