What's new

Best blade for post war Gillette Tech?

Best blade for post war Gillette Tech?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm considering giving my tech to my dad as a gift. A barber told him once his whiskers are like wire. I suppose his beard type is like mine, dense and fast growing. A daily shaver. I think he was using a Krona or Black Beauty before switching to cartridge about a year ago.

I'm interested in suggestions for what type of blade to include. I already have the Derby premium and Bic chrome platinum, but I would prefer to include something highly recommended.

Thanks...

It's your tech. You've used it. If you and he have the same beard type, what blade worked for you?

I achieved good shaves using Gillette silver blue, Bic chrome platinum, Personna lab.

But it's been a long time since I've used it, and back then I was still developing my technique, and wasn't going about testing things very scientifically, so I'm not sure I trust my own opinion about the blades.

The beauty of this razor is that it works with a huge range of blades, especially for daily shaves.

With my post war Ball End Tech I get great shaves with pretty much all modern Gillette DE blades but if I'd pick one, it'd be the Astra Superior Platinum.

But with blades it is always a issue of YMMV.

Thanks. I added that to the poll choices since I'm still in the edit timeframe.

All this talk of blades. Makes me curious. I might have to re-test some of my blades in this Tech, you know, to make sure I'm not sending him a defective razor. I have some Kais...somewhere... Haha

FarmerTan

FarmerStan the Man
The beauty of this razor is that it works with a huge range of blades, especially for daily shaves.

With my post war Ball End Tech I get great shaves with pretty much all modern Gillette DE blades but if I'd pick one, it'd be the Astra Superior Platinum.

But with blades it is always a issue of YMMV.
Kai is another one, but for comfort alone I'm choosing the GSB.
All this talk of blades. Makes me curious. I might have to re-test some of my blades in this Tech, you know, to make sure I'm not sending him a defective razor. I have some Kais...somewhere... Haha
Great minds!

Is that you I hear laughing @KeenDogg?

Top Bottom