What's new

BEST Black Friday deals?

SO… how’d you gents make out this “Black Friday/Cyber Monday?”

As usual, I was inevitably dissapointed by what SOME vendors called “discounts” (“15%?!” Seriously?!), or by what some others were giving away, even at STEEP discounts (um…, no thanks 😕).

I did get TWO great deals, one courtesy of a heads up on this thread from “spacemonkey42” about a sale at Blackland razors (thanks, bro! 👍🏼). Had planned to purchase a Blackland Vector razor at a later date, but with such an ENTICING discount (25% off $230 = $170!), I just had to give in. 😍

Likewise, “Pasteur Pharmacy” in NYC, a smaller, yet worthy competitor to the “big guys,” had WORTHWHILE sales, first with 25% off brushes (ended up getting a “Simpson’s T3” at a good price), and a subsequent 25% sale on everything else (got a soap from Oaken, retail $24, with discount, a sweet $16!), and a toner from Baxter’s at a reduced price, so I’m GOOD. 😊

Please feel free to share your finds, gents.

Thx! 👍🏼🙂
For shave gear, I got a Captain's Choice copper lather bowl* and a tub of A&E's Spartacus shaving soap at pretty good prices.

*My trusty and much loved Captain's Choice Cobalt Seaworthy lather bowl slipped and broke a while back. 😢

SO… how’d you gents make out this “Black Friday/Cyber Monday?”

As usual, I was inevitably dissapointed by what SOME vendors called “discounts” (“15%?!” Seriously?!), or by what some others were giving away, even at STEEP discounts (um…, no thanks 😕).

I did get TWO great deals, one courtesy of a heads up on this thread from “spacemonkey42” about a sale at Blackland razors (thanks, bro! 👍🏼). Had planned to purchase a Blackland Vector razor at a later date, but with such an ENTICING discount (25% off $230 = $170!), I just had to give in. 😍

Likewise, “Pasteur Pharmacy” in NYC, a smaller, yet worthy competitor to the “big guys,” had WORTHWHILE sales, first with 25% off brushes (ended up getting a “Simpson’s T3” at a good price), and a subsequent 25% sale on everything else (got a soap from Oaken, retail $24, with discount, a sweet $16!), and a toner from Baxter’s at a reduced price, so I’m GOOD. 😊

Please feel free to share your finds, gents.

Thx! 👍🏼🙂
I would have bought some things from Pasteurs but their site wasn’t allowing me to order on the checkout section, saying to contact customer service which I did. I get an email from the very guy (Leandro) that canceled my order back when the PAA closeout deal happened months ago where you had to email in your order after I raised a concern about the shady nature of the way they were taking orders via email. Last message I got from Leandro was last Friday and said he was investigating it, and nothing so far from him and it’sa more point as the BF and CM deals are over.

For shave gear, I got a Captain's Choice copper lather bowl* and a tub of A&E's Spartacus shaving soap at pretty good prices.

*My trusty and much loved Captain's Choice Cobalt Seaworthy lather bowl slipped and broke a while back. 😢
Careful!

Don’t jinx me! 😲

I, too, have a “Captain’s Choice” cobalt blue lather bowl, which I RARELY use, since I’m afraid of the SAME thing happening to me! 😬😢

I mostly use my “Timeless” bowl, which, even if it were to break, at $12, I wouldn’t shed a tear over. To paraphrase Springsteen (poorly!), “it ain’t a beauty, but hey, it’s alright.😉😆

Careful!

Don’t jinx me! 😲

I, too, have a “Captain’s Choice” cobalt blue lather bowl, which I RARELY use, since I’m afraid of the SAME thing happening to me! 😬😢

I mostly use my “Timeless” bowl, which, even if it were to break, at $12, I wouldn’t shed a tear over. To paraphrase Springsteen (poorly!), “it ain’t a beauty, but hey, it’s alright.😉😆
Oh man! Treasure that bowl! Mine took pride of place among my shave gear. It was so beautiful, while also being functional. Unfortunately, while it was drying on a soap dish by my bathroom sink, it somehow slipped of the soap dish and into the sink. That led to one of the worst crashing sounds I've ever heard. As the bowl broke, my heart shattered along with it.

Between losing my cobalt Seaworthy bowl an receiving my new copper lather bowl, I used my other Captain's Choice bowl, which was one of @Captain Pre-Capsize's prototypes. It was nice, but it was smaller than my dear departed Seaworthy friend. Still, I made good lather with the other bowl.

That said, I didn't want to risk breaking it, so I bought a copper one. So far, I like how it looks. Its natural patina, which I assume it developed from setting on the store shelf, is gorgeous. It's slowly winning me over. It has a good chance at becoming my new lather bowl "wife." But there's no love like first love. 😢

Oh man! Treasure that bowl! Mine took pride of place among my shave gear. It was so beautiful, while also being functional. Unfortunately, while it was drying on a soap dish by my bathroom sink, it somehow slipped of the soap dish and into the sink. That led to one of the worst crashing sounds I've ever heard. As the bowl broke, my heart shattered along with it.

Between losing my cobalt Seaworthy bowl an receiving my new copper lather bowl, I used my other Captain's Choice bowl, which was one of @Captain Pre-Capsize's prototypes. It was nice, but it was smaller than my dear departed Seaworthy friend. Still, I made good lather with the other bowl.

That said, I didn't want to risk breaking it, so I bought a copper one. So far, I like how it looks. Its natural patina, which I assume it developed from setting on the store shelf, is gorgeous. It's slowly winning me over. It has a good chance at becoming my new lather bowl "wife." But there's no love like first love. 😢
Yeah, no offense to the artisans at “Captains Choice,” but that bowl is like your FINE China, not meant for everyday use, more for when company comes over (that is, if you have company over to watch you shave! 😳😆).

Even with the copper version, I’d be afraid to drop it and DING it. 😬😩

I wonder, since it’s copper and being used in wet conditions, does it turn GREEN, like the Statue of Liberty? 🗽🤔

I would have bought some things from Pasteurs but their site wasn’t allowing me to order on the checkout section, saying to contact customer service which I did. I get an email from the very guy (Leandro) that canceled my order back when the PAA closeout deal happened months ago where you had to email in your order after I raised a concern about the shady nature of the way they were taking orders via email. Last message I got from Leandro was last Friday and said he was investigating it, and nothing so far from him and it’sa more point as the BF and CM deals are over.
Just received my second “Black Friday” package from “Pasteur Pharmacy,” which included a soap and a toner.

In both instances, the items were shipped EXPEDITIOUSLY, were easy to track, and arrived in PERFECT condition, so I guess it’s a “YMMV” situation? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, no offense to the artisans at “Captains Choice,” but that bowl is like your FINE China, not meant for everyday use, more for when company comes over (that is, if you have company over to watch you shave! 😳😆).

Even with the copper version, I’d be afraid to drop it and DING it. 😬😩

I wonder, since it’s copper and being used in wet conditions, does it turn GREEN, like the Statue of Liberty? 🗽🤔
My guess is that given enough time and exposure to oxygen, the copper bowls will eventually turn green. But I wonder if inhibiting the oxidation process is possible. For instance, could a coat of clear epoxy (or even nail polish) stop the oxidation?

Just for informational purposes, how’s everyone’s shipping progressing? I completed all my holiday shopping on Black Friday. I’m amazed that, as always, my Pasteurs order showed up a few days later. I am a little bummed my Maca soap from the Body Shop is still a week out and my Timeless order hasn’t even shipped. Busy season for all vendors, I hope everyone scores their booty quickly and safely.

Mine has been all over the place. My Pasteur's and Clubman orders both arrived in a timely manner.

Thursday I was expecting three packages that were all out for delivery through three different folks. None came that day. Two showed up the next day. The one that still hasn't showed up has been saying it was would be delivered Sunday, then Monday, then Tuesday, etc.

Throw into the mix that I ordered a suit from Belk Thursday after lunch and it shipped at 9pm that day. It was delivered Sunday morning!

Mine has been all over the place. My Pasteur's and Clubman orders both arrived in a timely manner.

Thursday I was expecting three packages that were all out for delivery through three different folks. None came that day. Two showed up the next day. The one that still hasn't showed up has been saying it was would be delivered Sunday, then Monday, then Tuesday, etc.

Throw into the mix that I ordered a suit from Belk Thursday after lunch and it shipped at 9pm that day. It was delivered Sunday morning!
I've noticed that the "your package is out for delivery" no longer means much anymore. My delivery yesterday, via UPS, came at 7:30PM and it was supposed to arrive the previous day by 1:30PM.

A minor irritant, but an irritant nonetheless.

Just received my second “Black Friday” package from “Pasteur Pharmacy,” which included a soap and a toner.

In both instances, the items were shipped EXPEDITIOUSLY, were easy to track, and arrived in PERFECT condition, so I guess it’s a “YMMV” situation? 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m seriously thinking I’ve been banned from them that’s the only explanation. I emailed the customer service manager Leandro Burgos and he mentioned he was investigating the matter. Fast forward a week later and I ask the results of said investigation and he just gives a flippant “still investigating” response to which I respond are you serious???? And he responded with a one word answer “yes” And that’s it. No “sorry for this unusual situation and I will get to the bottom of it. Should have an answer within the next 24 hours.” I’m on the sh*t list and he’s in control of who gets in and who doesn’t like a fcking bouncer at a club. F them

I've noticed that the "your package is out for delivery" no longer means much anymore. My delivery yesterday, via UPS, came at 7:30PM and it was supposed to arrive the previous day by 1:30PM.

A minor irritant, but an irritant nonetheless.
Same. My order from Stirling was supposed to arrive Friday 12/2 and it’s tentatively supposed to now arrive today but usually when it says before 9pm but after the mail was already delivered for the day, it will be delayed yet again.

My Leaf order arrived, My Maggards order arrived. First West Coast Shaving order arrived, 3 Razor Company orders arrived, Aylsworth order arrived, Caitlyn’s Bubbles order arrived, Italian Barber order arrived, 2 or 3 items from private sellers arrived. Now just waiting for 2nd WCS order, and 3 other non shaving related items.

I’m seriously thinking I’ve been banned from them that’s the only explanation. I emailed the customer service manager Leandro Burgos and he mentioned he was investigating the matter. Fast forward a week later and I ask the results of said investigation and he just gives a flippant “still investigating” response to which I respond are you serious???? And he responded with a one word answer “yes” And that’s it. No “sorry for this unusual situation and I will get to the bottom of it. Should have an answer within the next 24 hours.” I’m on the sh*t list and he’s in control of who gets in and who doesn’t like a fcking bouncer at a club. F them
I'm an ex NYC person, New Yorker's like the customer service manager mentioned can get like that. If they don't need your business they can be rude.

FWIW, your post convinced me never to shop there. (It is isn't like there is a shortage of shaving establishments from which to shop).

I'm an ex NYC person, New Yorker's like the customer service manager mentioned can get like that. If they don't need your business they can be rude.

FWIW, your post convinced me never to shop there. (It is isn't like there is a shortage of shaving establishments from which to shop).
The whole PAA closeout deal they had back in September is what led up to this. There were 10-15 back and forth emails to which the end result was him cancelling my order and I told him after all this BS to NOT cancel the order, he just ignored my request. This was the sale where you had to email your request for the products and they would then email you an invoice. All well and good but the items would go out of stock by the time he would email back and then I would add replacement items to which would get sold out or other items that were in stock were sold out from under me as I am expecting the email is reserving the items. Then even after a few hiccups there, he sends an invoice without individual pricing, just a total price. I add up the prices individually on my end and there was a price difference where he was charging $10-$15 more than what I added up and he wasn't applying the discount. After mentioning this he wouldn't say "Sorry for the mistake, yes you are correct, I added up the items incorrectly." I would just get a flippant, "updated" response. Then the whole ordeal of me having to reset my account password 10 times before I could access this special invoice he had for me. Then when I get the invoice in my account, it's a different price than what his email showed. All around I thought he was scamming me and I made that clear to how f-ed up this whole order process was. I did finally get the paypal payment to work, but once he saw my email he cancelled the order and sent in for a refund. I told him not to but he just gave me the finger figuratively. This was the same Leandro Burgos "customer service manager" that is "investigating" this issue of me not being able to check out on the Pasteur site. I don't think there is a way to do a guest checkout on the Pasteur site in order to order anonymously to get around this Leandro Burgos *****.

Crazy how we all have differing experiences. Pasteurs is a quick and wonderful checkout for me with lightning fast delivery across the country.
The Body Shop on the other hand just sent a shipped email on the 28th. After 30 minutes with customer service today because the tracking didn’t work, they said they actually never shipped and didn’t have my address for a replacement lol. No Maca soap for me.

The whole PAA closeout deal they had back in September is what led up to this. There were 10-15 back and forth emails to which the end result was him cancelling my order and I told him after all this BS to NOT cancel the order, he just ignored my request. This was the sale where you had to email your request for the products and they would then email you an invoice. All well and good but the items would go out of stock by the time he would email back and then I would add replacement items to which would get sold out or other items that were in stock were sold out from under me as I am expecting the email is reserving the items. Then even after a few hiccups there, he sends an invoice without individual pricing, just a total price. I add up the prices individually on my end and there was a price difference where he was charging $10-$15 more than what I added up and he wasn't applying the discount. After mentioning this he wouldn't say "Sorry for the mistake, yes you are correct, I added up the items incorrectly." I would just get a flippant, "updated" response. Then the whole ordeal of me having to reset my account password 10 times before I could access this special invoice he had for me. Then when I get the invoice in my account, it's a different price than what his email showed. All around I thought he was scamming me and I made that clear to how f-ed up this whole order process was. I did finally get the paypal payment to work, but once he saw my email he cancelled the order and sent in for a refund. I told him not to but he just gave me the finger figuratively. This was the same Leandro Burgos "customer service manager" that is "investigating" this issue of me not being able to check out on the Pasteur site. I don't think there is a way to do a guest checkout on the Pasteur site in order to order anonymously to get around this Leandro Burgos *****.
shocking. move on and forget the site even exists. they would not get my $ after this.

Crazy how we all have differing experiences. Pasteurs is a quick and wonderful checkout for me with lightning fast delivery across the country.
The Body Shop on the other hand just sent a shipped email on the 28th. After 30 minutes with customer service today because the tracking didn’t work, they said they actually never shipped and didn’t have my address for a replacement lol. No Maca soap for me.
I've probably ordered from Pasteur's at least 5 times prior to the September debacle and always received my orders but never once did I get a order confirmation and even after calling customer service (I wonder if I was speaking to Leandro those times as well?) they never saw my order by name, address, email or phone number. I looked back to my old orders to find the date of order and the amount and the customer service was able to see the order for the amount but nothing was showing up as in my account, but he manually went through orders for that specific date and found my order. It was like this on other orders as well. He said he'd make some changes to my account so I'd be getting the order and shipment confirmations from now on. I don't think I've ordered since then and now I'm not able to order. The last order I successfully placed was the Henson +++ AL13 from them back in June/July when it was first released. One day the box just showed up but never had any info of order or shipment. Very odd considering the sheer volume of the stuff I order online, it is ONLY this place that seems this discombobulated and this isn't some small mom-pop hole in the wall shop, they ship high volumes of stuff. WEIRD.

Top Bottom