What's new

Best beers in America..

Sounds like a trip to Bevmo is in order...although I have a feeling it might be difficult to get a hold of some of these...:drool:

I just happen to live in Micro Brew heaven, I can think of at least one Brew Pub that has close to 200 beers on tap! I guess it's time to head down there with my list of the top twenty five.:001_tt1: :a54:
Cheers, DJ.

Yeah...rub it in. I thought I had quite a few choices at the Bar my brother works at with 65. I have heard the Beer festival up there is a good time.

a beer drinker could really do no wrong buying anything from the new glarus brewery.

fat squirrel
naked
yokel
road slush
native ale

or....if you're lucky.....you get to sample some mama bear brew.

s~s

I'm in a sweet spot for beer as well.

#1) I brew my own beer and wine
#2) I live close to three microbreweries that have over 200 different taps (combined)
#3) I have 4 places close that sell the best beer on the planet (Dogfish Head and Avery are among my favorites).

Michigan is a GREAT beer state. Just don't ask us about our economy...:crying:

crispy said:
No Fat Tire listed...heresy!
or 1554 for that matter...but this is so subjective. I mean Firestone's Walker Reserve is superior to the Pale Ale. I can't imagine having to compile this list...that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to give it a shot. :wink2:

One of my best friends owns a microbrewery, and if that wasn't enough my brother is a bartender there. My cousin is also a great brewer and is chasing investors on a new brewery in the same town. So why did I move away?

HlSheppard said:
I'm in a sweet spot for beer as well.

#1) I brew my own beer and wine
#2) I live close to three microbreweries that have over 200 different taps (combined)
#3) I have 4 places close that sell the best beer on the planet (Dogfish Head and Avery are among my favorites).

Michigan is a GREAT beer state. Just don't ask us about our economy...:crying:

Ditto for me too Howard, except I live in Virginia!!

When we were in Pittsburgh over the weekend, we went to this neat looking place called Sharp Edge. A very cool European pub that had hundreds of beers from all over the world, both bottled and on tap. When I asked what they DON'T have, the bartender said, "Budwieser, Miller, Michelob, Coors...etc.." While there I tried Skull Splitter (on a recommendation from Joedy, a fellow Virginia on the boards) and McEwans Scotch Ale. Both were excellent.

I've been in southwest Michigan for the past two years and will be departing in a month for Thailand, and by far the two things I will miss the most are Bell's Winter White and Bell's Oberon. The Bell's Expedition stout is in the List Sue linked to, but IMHO, pales to the two I have come to love.

SLider said:
I've been in southwest Michigan for the past two years and will be departing in a month for Thailand, and by far the two things I will miss the most are Bell's Winter White and Bell's Oberon. The Bell's Expedition stout is in the List Sue linked to, but IMHO, pales to the two I have come to love.

I was surprised too, because it is the 90 minute IPA that I absolutely adore. I don't think the 60 minute is quite as good.... but they listed the 60 minute and not the 90...

I don't think there is one amoung us who is going to lose any weight this weekend....

Sue, who is drinking her very own Blueberry Pale Ale...... :001_tt1:

Mama Bear said:
I was surprised too, because it is the 90 minute IPA that I absolutely adore. I don't think the 60 minute is quite as good.... but they listed the 60 minute and not the 90...

I don't think there is one amoung us who is going to lose any weight this weekend....

Sue, who is drinking her very own Blueberry Pale Ale...... :001_tt1:

Sue, what recipe did you use? I have about 3 lbs of fresh (frozen) blueberries that the kids picked that I want to make either or both a blueberry wine and a blueberry wheat beer. Wanna trade one of your BPA for one of my BWB?

AACJ said:
Sue, what recipe did you use? I have about 3 lbs of fresh (frozen) blueberries that the kids picked that I want to make either or both a blueberry wine and a blueberry wheat beer. Wanna trade one of your BPA for one of my BWB?

Beer Trade!! wooohoooo!

Absolutely!! Send an email! :thumbup:

boboakalfb said:
or 1554 for that matter...but this is so subjective. I mean Firestone's Walker Reserve is superior to the Pale Ale. I can't imagine having to compile this list...that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to give it a shot. :wink2:

I can't believe 1554 isn't there either. Speaking of which, I think I need to make a trip to my local beer shop to get some...

"Best Beers in America" is like saying "Sexiest Women in Armenia." They're all pretty nasty. :tongue:

Apologies to any Armenian women on the board :wink:

castlecraver said:
"Best Beers in America" is like saying "Sexiest Women in Armenia." They're all pretty nasty. :tongue:

Apologies to any Armenian women on the board :wink:

DUDE! I am Armenian!!

Well, no, I'm not actually... but seriously honey.. have you tried any of the beers on this list!? We are not talking Bud Light here....... :scared:

Top Bottom