What's new

Best Beard Oil & Balm?

Honest Amish products for me. I use the oil to get down to the skin, then their original wax for hold. Works great and inexpensive.

Well, I love to go with Mountaineer Beard Oil with Citrus and Spice, one of the most important things it provides is a moisturizer and prevent dandruff, That's is something we all experienced!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a breakout, be it rash or acne, after using a beard product.

Look for something that doesn't contain ANY petroleum products, and contains no alcohols.
A nice idea, if you want to make your own beard oil is a couple ounces of grapeseed oil mixed with a few drops of Aura Cacia rosemary essential oil. Both are healthy for your skin and beard.

Honest Amish products for me. I use the oil to get down to the skin, then their original wax for hold. Works great and inexpensive.
I'm also a fan of Honest Amish. Light scent, good ingredients and just works well. Winter I keep a full beard and summer a Goatee.

Haven’t tried Pre de Provence or Proraso yet, but I’ll bet they’re both superior products. Right now I’m using Cremo Oil, Cream and Balm, and they’re quite good. +1 on Cremo’s Forest Blend. Also, don’t overlook Nancy Boy. Really good stuff

Grave before shave beard oil, balm and wash starter pack.. the scent is amazing on the beard wash. No pulling or feeling as if your beard has been stripped of oils either.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
For oil I like Billy Jealousy "Devil’s Delight". I am just starting to play with mustache wax. I used to keep my goatee short, I have really let it grow so I need to keep the stache out of my mouth.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
For oil I like Billy Jealousy "Devil’s Delight". I am just starting to play with mustache wax. I used to keep my goatee short, I have really let it grow so I need to keep the stache out of my mouth.

For some strange reason I thought you may have had a full beard. :)

I've never used a bad one, but these days I all but exclusively use Honest Amish. Both the balm and the heavy duty balm work well and I love their beard soap. I have not used their oil, but considering the quality of the balm I see no reason to think it wouldn't be as good.

I tried both Honest Amish and Grave Before Shave balms. They are quite different! Honest Amash is like soft butter. Grave Before Shave on the other hand is like wax, I have to dig in a bit to get some balm.

I got the Bourbon GBS and it smells great.

I need to try some different kinds of balms. I think I'm using too much Honest Amash as it's half gone already. I do tend to use more product than I've heard others talk about. My beard is pretty thick in the front and I want my comb to go through it smoothly.

I got the Grave Before Shave Vanilla. Also smells great! I think the GBS balms do better with controlling the longer areas of my beard. I actually have been putting a bit of oil in my beard and then using the GBS balm.

I just cannot stand the smell of most; so I have come to the conclusion: mix my own simply grapeseed and apricot (all other unscented oils I find repulsive....not into wearing salads the whole day). I have tried all sorts....

Hey, guys. Can you rely on a woman's opinion when she's talking about men's stuff? My girlfriend saw few reviews on oils, vitamins, balms and other stuff for beards that was posted just recently on some "Monica's blog" and now nagging me that I totally have to get vitamins for my beard growth. Mine was never too dense but girl want me to grow it thicker. Should I stick to something that this Monica recommend or maybe someone has tried or heard about something better?

Hey, guys. Can you rely on a woman's opinion when she's talking about men's stuff? My girlfriend saw few reviews on oils, vitamins, balms and other stuff for beards that was posted just recently on some "Monica's blog" and now nagging me that I totally have to get vitamins for my beard growth. Mine was never too dense but girl want me to grow it thicker. Should I stick to something that this Monica recommend or maybe someone has tried or heard about something better?
Go for it. I think it's a canadian, she mixes good stuff! Besides she is probably smarter than 1/2 the meatheads that think they know too much. Beardbrand: it's a female doing the mixes...

From my research and vids on reviewers the vitamins beard companies sell are just over priced hair skin and nail vitamins the main one for hair being biotin. None of which will really make your hair grow in areas that it doesn't already grow. It will however help with the health of the hair itsself.

There is also the micro blade roller thing marketed for making hair grow that may or may not help. The logic behind it being that the tiny needles break the top layer of the skin causing hour body to release more collagen which could help with hair growth.

I would say just get some vitamins with biotin and try those. If it starts growing more hair then maybe try the ones specifically for beards.

Also take age into account,. If you are still young early 20's for example you still may fill in as you get older. My beard was spotty and didn not fully fill in until late 20's.

That's brief but deep research. Neat.
Can you recommend any micro blade roller thing?

From my research and vids on reviewers the vitamins beard companies sell are just over priced hair skin and nail vitamins the main one for hair being biotin. None of which will really make your hair grow in areas that it doesn't already grow. It will however help with the health of the hair itsself.

There is also the micro blade roller thing marketed for making hair grow that may or may not help. The logic behind it being that the tiny needles break the top layer of the skin causing hour body to release more collagen which could help with hair growth.

I would say just get some vitamins with biotin and try those. If it starts growing more hair then maybe try the ones specifically for beards.

Also take age into account,. If you are still young early 20's for example you still may fill in as you get older. My beard was spotty and didn not fully fill in until late 20's.

I think I'll give a try to all that stuff, sooner or later. But waiting for my beard to develop itself with time make me sick. :blue:

I never tried the roller. But there is a reviewer on YouTube beardtube who does a lot of really good in depth reviews on everything for beards. Check out some of his vids.

And I did do a lot of research when I was growing a beard. Unfortunately for me I found out I cannot have a beard and made a post about it.

I use Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and Stirling Soap Co for beard oil. I particularly like Stirling, and I plan to try PAA's beard balm.

Hey, guys. Can you rely on a woman's opinion when she's talking about men's stuff?
I don't see why not. There will be women who are knowledgeable on the topic and some who aren't, but I think that's true of men as well. Knowledge is gender agnostic.

Top Bottom