What's new

Best Bay Rum?

Try Burt's Bee's Wax if you can find it. I also love Virgin Island Bay Rum by Clubman.

Thank you, I like Burt's bees products and always wanted to try a bay rum aftershave.

edit...I looked on their site, it looks like its not available?

Last edited:
Thank you, I like Burt's bees products and always wanted to try a bay rum aftershave.

edit...I looked on their site, it looks like its not available?

It's not available any more. The nearest thing that is is probably the Gilbert Henry (that is, is somewhere a step toward "wax", and the scent is close. The face feel is close, too).

Ogallala and ogallala lime and peppercorns. I absolutely love it, and have given up all of my others for these 2.

"Best" is just tough. I'd suggest starting with the Captain's Choice. (I resisted for a while, but then just couldn't defend...!)
I love the Dominica with Lime, but there you have lime. It's well-priced. But maybe not giving as clear an idea of the base scent. (I like the "flavored" Ogallalas more than the base scent, too -- Lime and Peppercorns probably most; the straight stuff is too sweet for me).

Krampert's is flat out awesome, very healing if you have irritation or razor-burn. But this one has a goodly amount of cloves, so you have to like that. Awesome bang-for-buck.

Last edited:
I fell in love with Vetiver and Rum by Helan. It isn't a pure bay rum, but it also has st. johns wort and butchers broom, so it's very soothing. There is a pepperiness to the scent, too, and I receive compliments on it quite often.
+1. Use it weekly. Very unusual and great scent.

And especially for Ogallala, it is blended heavily with a moisturizer that does not remain in suspension with the alcohol. Almost like an oil and vinegar mix.

Shake VERY well.

I love the Captain's Choice, and Ogallala, have a strong like for Clubman VI. I use all 3 on a regular basis. Masters on occasion.

Scent is subjective but if you base it off all the other stuff that an aftershave should do, then Krampert's Finest is the the ultimate. Amazing healing properties, moisturizes like a balm without any greasiness, & leaves your face feeling smoooooth. Oh yeah, and this is the only bay that both me & the little miss approve of, & I've tried many already mentioned in this thread.

If you want burn, then go with Captains Choice. I don't like stinging & burning my face so Krampert's is my choice more often than any other in my cabinet.

Scent is subjective but if you base it off all the other stuff that an aftershave should do, then Krampert's Finest is the the ultimate. Amazing healing properties, moisturizes like a balm without any greasiness, & leaves your face feeling smoooooth. Oh yeah, and this is the only bay that both me & the little miss approve of, & I've tried many already mentioned in this thread.

If you want burn, then go with Captains Choice. I don't like stinging & burning my face so Krampert's is my choice more often than any other in my cabinet.

+1 Krampert's gets the most use for me too.
I also like Captains Choice and occasionally I will splash on Clubman Virgin Island

Top Bottom