What's new

Best Bay Rum for sensitive skin

I'm looking for a Bay Rum shave soap that is good for people with sensitive skin and for those more prone to getting razor burn and ingrown hairs. I've seen these topics addressed individually, but not for Bay Rum with sensitive skin.

I currently use a home made Bay Rum aftershave and Dr. Squatch Bay Rum deodorant. I also (supposedly) have Dauntless bay rum hair cream, but it smells more like Amber and Apples than Bay Rum.

I'm looking for a Bay Rum shave soap that is good for people with sensitive skin and for those more prone to getting razor burn and ingrown hairs. I've seen these topics addressed individually, but not for Bay Rum with sensitive skin.

I currently use a home made Bay Rum aftershave and Dr. Squatch Bay Rum deodorant. I also (supposedly) have Dauntless bay rum hair cream, but it smells more like Amber and Apples than Bay Rum.

I'm going with PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum because there is no clove in it. I happen to like clove, but I think it's a skin irritant for some. You might also like M&M Bad Mor because it is lightly fragranced.

I'm going with PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum because there is no clove in it. I happen to like clove, but I think it's a skin irritant for some. You might also like M&M Bad Mor because it is lightly fragranced.
I like it too.
Great lather, good scent, and a smooth comfortable shave.

Stirling’s Bay Rum aloe/witch hazel splash is exceptionally tame on raw skin and smells great.
OOps, missed this was asking for soap. Haven't tried Stirling's Bay Rum soap and my skin tends not to react badly to soaps (fingers crossed), so I can't help you there but the splash is really easy on my skin and I can be reactive to aftershaves and lotions right after a shave.

Don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but Men's Soap Company Bay Rum is excellent. They also have a bay rum after shave. All natural products. All of Men's Soap Company products are made with persons with sensitive skin in mind.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just got Honeybee Gardens Herbal Aftershave, Bay Rum. The scent reminds me of Zingari Man The Nomad Bay Rum. Writeup on it: Natural botanicals cool and soothe newly shaven and irritated skin and added aloe softens & moisturizes.

Em's Place in Lincoln City, OR makes a fantastic Bay Rum glycerine round. Super gentle and protective, and the residual slickness lasts and lasts. Leaves your face feeling soft and never dry, even after an alcohol or alcohol/witch hazel splash.
Decent cost, even with shipping. It's a classic, and they have a quaint website that hasn't changed in 20 years to prove it!

Em's Place in Lincoln City, OR makes a fantastic Bay Rum glycerine round. Super gentle and protective, and the residual slickness lasts and lasts. Leaves your face feeling soft and never dry, even after an alcohol or alcohol/witch hazel splash.
Decent cost, even with shipping. It's a classic, and they have a quaint website that hasn't changed in 20 years to prove it!
Question: are you the real slimshavy?

As far as the OP goes, I would take a look at Mike's Natural Bay Rum. He uses essential oil for that one and his soap ingredients are very good insofar as I can see. All of this lessens the chances of an adverse reaction unless you happen to be sensitive to the listed ingredients. I like Mike's soaps a lot.

I haven’t seen it mentioned yet but maybe RazoRock’s black bay. Their take on the the bay rum scent. Very few of the typical spices that typicality cause a reaction. Mainly I get the bay scent and not much else

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I just got Honeybee Gardens Herbal Aftershave, Bay Rum. The scent reminds me of Zingari Man The Nomad Bay Rum. Writeup on it: Natural botanicals cool and soothe newly shaven and irritated skin and added aloe softens & moisturizes.

Of course, this is an aftershave and the thread is about soaps so...please ignore my post...I'm babbling again.

Question: are you the real slimshavy?

As far as the OP goes, I would take a look at Mike's Natural Bay Rum. He uses essential oil for that one and his soap ingredients are very good insofar as I can see. All of this lessens the chances of an adverse reaction unless you happen to be sensitive to the listed ingredients. I like Mike's soaps a lot.
+1. I also love PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum. I also have B&M's Bay Rum, which is super lovely, but I'm not into Omnibus. The performance is almost other worldly, IMO, and I suspect many people will love it, but I prefer soaps that are a little more tame.

Top Bottom