What's new

Best Barber Shop Scent?

I liked Stirling but it was a bit vanilla heavy for me

My favorite is also WSP. I have the rustic version and it's great scent and performance.

I also enjoy the scent of Sir Hare but don't like the performance as much.
DING...DING...DING!...We have a winner...We have a winner! I just got this from Wet Shaving Products...and right out of the box it is one of my favorite scents ever...forget about Barber Shop scents...I mean this is on par with the scents from TOBS (my favorite!) or any other that I've tried. If this thing smells half as good in a lather as it does in the can, then my search for the best Barber Shop scent may be over.

Thank you, MyOldKentuckyHome, for telling me about this amazing soap!:clap:

1619909262079.png

DING...DING...DING!...We have a winner...We have a winner! I just got this from Wet Shaving Products...and right out of the box it is one of my favorite scents ever...forget about Barber Shop scents...I mean this is on par with the scents from TOBS (my favorite!) or any other that I've tried. If this thing smells half as good in a lather as it does in the can, then my search for the best Barber Shop scent may be over.

Thank you, MyOldKentuckyHome, for telling me about this amazing soap!:clap:

View attachment 1260761

This is one of my top two scents as well

This and Fezziwig by Black Ship are 1a and 1b for me

This is one of my top two scents as well

This and Fezziwig by Black Ship are 1a and 1b for me
Will try it! So far, your taste is impeccable...it's just like mine! ;)

Have you tried Banacle Bob or Captain's Reserve? They look like two of their most popular scents.

How do you know about all these soaps? Nobody else seems to be talking about them!lol

Last edited:
Will try it! So far, your taste is impeccable...it's just like mine! ;)

Have you tried Banacle Bob or Captain's Reserve? They look like two of their most popular scents.

How do you know about all these soaps? Nobody else seems to be talking about them!lol

No, haven't tried the others.

I think I heard about the WSP here and saw the Fezziwig on Maggards or another site like that

Aside form the vibe an actual barbershop smells like, I completely get the vibe that most of barbershop scents are going for. When I first got into wet shaving many years ago, i grabbed up every scent called barbershop.
Fine American Blend and PAA CAD smell just like Barbasol original, which is a great scent.
Mikes, Shannons, Zingari and several others use a powerdery oakmoss blend that just smells clean and awesome to me.
WSP is a crisper take on the above. i love it and wish the splash scent stuck around longer.
Seville is just plain amazing to me. A little citrus, oakmoss and powder, good stuff.

I would think that this is more dependent on how old you are and where you were raised!! I just recently turned 60 and can remember there were quite a few traditional barbershops in most small towns here in Illinois. That being said, my youngest son who turned 38 this past November was raised in southern California and I can tell you that you really had to search to find an actual traditional barbershop and they had a very different vibe and feel to the ones I went to!! Completely different products and scents altogether...

I like my Sterling Barbershop but it is a bit too sweet powder scented for me to call a true Barbershop. Maggard's barber shop was a more balanced scent to me but i wasnt a big fan of the lather.

+1! Good suggestion!

Mike's has too much patchouli in it for my taste.

Seville is great. Has quite a bit of rosemary in it; surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

Mike's has too much patchouli in it for my taste.

Seville is great. Has quite a bit of rosemary in it; surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

I agree with everything you just wrote. Seville is my go to barbershop scent. Even though I really enjoy the scent, I never mentioned the rosemary because I didn't know it was in there. 🤣 I learn at least one something new on B&B every day!

So I've only used two soaps with a barbershop scent, B&M Seville and Noble Otter BarrBarr. From my understanding, Seville is a European barbershop scent and Stirling is American one. Of the two, I like the Noble Otter scent. B&M is too citrusy to me. Perhaps this is because that's what I grew up smelling when getting a haircut as a kid.

Top Bottom