What's new

Best Barbasol Cream?

Darn, now I may need to grab a can of Pacific Rush.....I LOVE menthol, especially in warm weather. My go-to cream in warm weather is Proraso Green or Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Soap, followed by my mentholated witch hazel, and then Skin Bracer, or some other AS with Menthol added. When time is short, I'll grab something that doesn't need lathering, nor requiring any cleanup of the brush, and that would be perfect.

Pacific Shaving also adds Caffeine to the creams & aftershave balm, it reduces the redness and helps prevent weepers and such. (Caffeine restricts the blood vessels). I believe it also helps tone the skin, and acts as an anti-oxidant. Actually used the Pacific Shaving cream, which is traditional cream that you lather with a brush this morning.

The last time I opened a can of Barbasol, it had dinosaur DNA vials in it. :)

Actually, I was using it up until the past month or so while trying new things with DE shaving. I was using the Aloe can. It has now become my six-year-old son's Jurassic Park prop to play with.

The less slick Barbasol seems to work really well with my OneBlade and well used GEM. Today, I proceeded to start off with what for me is the ATG pass, and was frankly near BBS after the first pass. I did a 2nd WTG for cleanup or touch-up, and just out of curiosity re-lathered for a XTG pass, which picked up nothing, or near nothing. - That third pass was really useless or did nothing, although the 2nd WTG did pickup a few spots that ATG tends to miss, even with my Timeless.

My theory is a less aggressive or relatively tame razor may actually work better with a less slick lather, allowing the blade to get closer with a bit more friction during the pass. Think about when the canned lather came out, it was during the age of the Tech, Super-Speeds, and Adjustables, all reasonably mild razors. - With a slick soap/cream lather, I need my Adjustable pretty much wide open, or up int he 7-9 range to achieve a BBS shave.

The multi-blade monsters always seem to clock with the think canned lather, yet actually work better with a nice soap lather.

I personally love the Original stuff. The soothing aloe, sensitive, and extra moisturizing are pretty good but they aren't as good as the Original Barbasol. The scent for the sensitive skin wasn't my favorite to be honest. That's my opinion personally.

Top Bottom